• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Arky crack pipe calls color too....

Started by centerfire_223, October 19, 2006, 10:00:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

centerfire_223

Some of you that have been around a while know I have this call I knick named the "Arky Crack Pipe", sent to me by our own ArkyYoter. Well this call has traveled with me from the east coast to the west. Calling up critters where ever I go and today is no exception.

I started out this morning right after daylight sit up on a stand right past my house. This is the first time I have called close to home in over 2 years. But hearing them yesterday morning made me go out and give them a try.

The first couple of stands were dry, though on the second stand I could have swore I heard one run up behind me, then take off. Cause that was the down wind side and being by myself I had no down wind gunner. So I moved on deeper into the woods to where a big slightly grown up pasture is. When I setup I didn't like the stand at all but I had already walked in to deep to back out now. So I made the best of it. Here is what I was looking at while I was calling.

After about 10 minutes or so I looked off to the right and when I turned back around there was a coyote standing under that small pine tree, right in front of me. He was looking dead at me, I have no idea where he came from. I just knew I was busted, so I just sat really still, after a few seconds he knew something just wasn't right. So he starts to turn to leave. Well when he diverted his attention I came straight up with my gun. He must have seen the movement when I did this, cause he stops again and starts looking at me. But you can tell he is lighting the after burners at the same time. About the time I get the trigger squeeze started he takes off and I shoot behind him. At the sound of the rifle shot he stops again and looks back. At that time I roll him with the 12 Gauge and he gets DRT!!! Not even a tail wag. Here is a picture of him, he has some pretty good color on him.

Notice the ole crack pipe hanging there, awesome call!!!

Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

Bob D

That is a good looking coyote. Congratulations on a successful hunt. I think I would keep the hide from that one.
Bob

Bopeye

He is a good looking coyote. I would consider mounting that one or maybe at least having it tanned..........anyone know of a good tanner?  :innocentwhistle:

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

slagmaker

No. but if I hear of one I will let you know. :eyebrow:
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

FinsnFur

Wow! That thing is beautiful  :highclap: Excellent recovery there with the shotgun.
So were you out there with a rifle AND a shotgun? or was someone with you?

mannnn that thing is sweet looking  :sneer:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

centerfire_223

No that is the advantage of having a over/under combo gun. I was hunting by myself and I am to lazy to tote two different guns. It certainly works great for me.

As far as mounting it, that is the 4 black coyote I have called in and the 3rd one I have killed. They just aren't that special anymore. I know where there is 3 more of them on different farms I hunt. I just haven't gotten them called up yet.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

Todd Rahm

Thats a perty coyote for sure. Nice Job, and perty country your hunting there.

Arkyyoter

Way to go Ronnie.....too cool!! :congrats: Love that black yote!!! You and your Crack Pipe...LOL...you have really given that thing a workout!! :yoyo: :yoyo:

Whack 'em and Stack 'em!!

Joe

THO Game Calls

Very pretty coyote!   I agree with Todd, great looking country. 

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

CCP

Good job Ronnie!!  I love seein them Blk coyotes. I think you hold the record on Blk coyotes.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Jeb

Congrats Ronnie, keep em coming !
               Jeb

songdog_sniper

yup, if that was me I would have to get that one mounted.  Sweet looking color on that one..  Good job!