• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

It Never Fails

Started by bootmud, March 05, 2008, 08:35:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bootmud

I have the worst luck with trail cams.  Years past I've had 2 Camtrakkers destroyed by bears.  Eventually I got out of the trail cam business because of replacing cams, batteries, film, and film developing.  This year for Christmas my kids bought me a digital Moultrie I40.  I set the camera out and at the very first location here's what I got.

The bear busted the mounting strap tabs off the back but all else was ok.  I beefed up the mounting tabs by bolting on an aluminum bracket for future use.

Oh, I had a scent dripper in front of the camera with coyote urine.

Enjoy.    Thanks,   bootmud

www.huntafp.org
www.kettlecreekcalls.com

DirtyDog

Man that is pretty cool. I have been getting bear fever with alot of shows on the outdoor chanel showing bear hunts. Go get em and show us pics.  :wink:

coyote101

That first picture is absolutely beautiful! It would make a great Christmas card..

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

canine

That's cool bootmud  :yoyo:  Sounds rather expensive though .

That first pic, I agree, card worthy!!

keep em comin...

JD

Silencer

seems early for bear to be moving, what's the average temp been down your way ?   Of course they all dont follow the rules of hybernatin' .  53* on jan 8, I need to move a few hours south  :laf:

cool catches !

iahntr

Camera looks like it takes great pics. Keep us informed as to how you like it.
I'd definitely be gettin, or makin, one of these for it if I was you.  :biggrin:
Scott

FinsnFur

:laf: :roflmao:

Luring em right to the lens. I'd like to see them jump when the flash goes off.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com