• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Amboyna Burl and African Blackwood SOLD

Started by armyturner, March 12, 2008, 08:50:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armyturner

Here is a pair hot off of the lathe. First is a two piece Amboyna Burl and African Blackwood closed reed call. The call has a 5/8" bore. It is 3 1/4" long and 1 1/4" in diameter. The call can be voiced cottontail or jack. $30 shipped.

Second is a African Blackwood closed reed. The call also has a 5/8" bore. It is 3 3/4" long and 1 1/8" in diameter. The call can be voiced cottontail or jack. $20 shipped.

If you want both, take them for $45 shipped.  BOTH SOLD

bootmud

armyturner,

I don't usually work with wood, I never heard of Amboyna.  Sure has a nice swirly appearance to it. 

Very nice calls! :highclap:

bootmud
www.huntafp.org
www.kettlecreekcalls.com

Hawks Feather

Both are nice looking calls and someone got a very good deal.

bootmud,
Amboyna Burl is a beautiful wood and is even better looking when you have a call made with it in your hand.  From time to time a piece of it will offer up some challenges when turning, but is worth the time it takes.  While I have not verified it and have only heard second-hand reports, supposedly it is going the route of Desert Ironwood and there is not going to be as much exporting from  countries where it is harvested.  What those countries are doing to do with it remains a mystery to me.

Jerry