• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

I didn't realize

Started by Hawks Feather, April 01, 2008, 08:25:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks Feather

I didn't realize just how much he's missed, until I read and remembered some of the stuff he said and stood for.

'Here's my strategy on the Cold War: We win, they lose.' - Ronald Reagan

'The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' - Ronald Reagan

'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' - Ronald Reagan

'Of the four wars in my lifetime, none came about because the U.S.was too strong.' - Ronald Reagan

'I have wondered at times about what the Ten Commandments would have looked like if Moses had run them through the U.S. Congress.' - Ronald Reagan

'The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination.' - Ronald Reagan

'Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other.' - Ronald Reagan

'The nearest thing to eternal life we will ever see on this earth is a government program.' - Ronald Reagan

'It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.' - Ronald Reagan

'Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.' - Ronald Reagan

'Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed, there are many rewards; if you disgrace yourself, you can always write a book.' - Ronald Reagan

'No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.' - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' - Ronald Reagan

Rprince

Thanks for the post, it seems like those days are long gone.  :rolleye:

coyote101

The greatest President in my lifetime for sure. We could use another one like him.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

cb223

I was to young to care when he was in office. Wish I would have payed more attention. He was a great man!

We definitely could use more like him.
CHAD

Carolina Coyote

Thanks Hawk for posting this, agood read and a great President. cc

FinsnFur

I feel old now, thanks Yerry :sad:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Frogman

Great post!  Thanks! :congrats:

We were proud to be Americans then weren't we?   :yahoo:  It was really a good feeling.   :yoyo:  

Don't know if we will experience it again anytime soon???   :shrug:

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

msmith

Quote from: Frogman on April 01, 2008, 07:19:15 PM
Great post!  Thanks! :congrats:

We were proud to be Americans then weren't we?   :yahoo:  It was really good feeling.   :yoyo:  

Don't know if we will experience it again anytime soon???   :shrug:

Jim

Amen.
Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI