• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

finished howler

Started by Troy Walter, April 16, 2008, 09:06:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy Walter

This will be a howler that I will be making for this year.

Rprince

I have to ask, how are you getting that shape out of acrylic?  :confused:

That call is sweet, good job.  :bowingsmilie:

bootmud

Troy,

Beautiful looking howler.  Excellant work. :bowingsmilie:

bootmud
www.huntafp.org
www.kettlecreekcalls.com

Braz

Looks really nice. A bit bigger picture would be nice. And a bit more of a description as to size would be nice also. Great looking. Nice work. Bet it's really loud coming from that acrylic and all.
Braz

Troy Walter

I will get a bigger picture of it when I get off of work.This call is 6 inches plus the reed.It is 2 inched at the bottom tapered to around 3/4 at the top.Its clear acrylic that has been turned on the lathe.It has been bent with heat and then flame polished to a clear finish.

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Bopeye

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

turkhunter

Todd Rahm

Troy that's a nifty look'n acrylic howler. Is it something that will or can be done with other colored acrylics? I kind of ask this in ignorance, as I don't know if the heating or flame finish effects the different colors at all? I think that would be a smoken look'n howler in clear blue or amber.  :shck:

And on the other side, I'm grasping at the idea, but probably a lil' off, but what is flame finishing?

LORDDAL

man all I can say is WOW thats one nice looking call how much do they go for so I will know what kind of fit my wife will throw when I save up and buy one  :congrats:
there's something you better understand about me, 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box!

Proud member of Bills Custom Calls Pro Staff

Troy Walter

Thanks guys,Todd I will be doing it in colors.The problem is, it is made from 2 inch acrylic and getting some colors in 2 inch take 4 weeks to get..I just got some light gray in 2 inch.So when I get back from turkey hunting I will be working on that.Flame polishing is use to remove the scratches in transparent acrylics, it is done with a torch.It is very cool instead of polishing acrylic with novus up to 1200 grit, now I sand up to 400 grit and remove the scratches with heat.As for a price I am not sure,It takes me some time to make one.

Todd Rahm

Thanks Troy, sounds good. Look'n foreward to seeing the smoked grey one.

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

FinsnFur

I dunna how I missed this, but... :yoyo: Troy, Troy, Troy  :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com