• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Stained Antler

Started by John_NY, July 13, 2008, 02:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John_NY

I made this rabbit distress call yesterday. I used 1/2" delrin to make the toneboard. After looking at it I think I'll make a howler to match it. The antler was really chalky white so I decided to give it a stain.

John

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

alscalls

I really like that! You will get a lot of people wondering what the heck that is. I look forward to seeing the howler.
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

YoteCoaxer

NICE call! I have nothing but admiration for you guy's who work with antler and horn (that has to be a lot of work). :highclap:
Mike

ohioyotehntr

Thats a sweet little call. Looks different Thats good. Can't wait to see the howler! Great job!
Dusty "Dirt" Ford
Dirt's Custom Calls

John_NY

Thanks for the nice comments. My said in person it looks like a nicely grained piece of wood.
Because this was part of a main beam I assumed I had the other side. Guiess what. Nope can't find it. I guess I'll just put it aside until I can find a piece of antler to work with.  I hate it when that happens.

John
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.