• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Hot hunt on a hot afternoon

Started by possumal, July 19, 2008, 09:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

possumal

Chuck and I went to another new farm late today, and man does it look good.  We set up in a pasture with scattered brushpiles and oaks, overlooking two gigantic hay fields, with 4 or 5 ways the yotes can enter.  Used the coyote decoy by Edge Expedite, with an extra tail hanging from his mouth.  Started the stand with a couple of interrogation howls, followed by old Brent's yip howl. Waited a couple of minutes and turned on my Coyotes & Kid Goat sequence.  Two males responded within a minute, and I busted one at about 150 yds when I turned off the caller to stop him, and stopped the other one at 120 yds with my Sceery special coaxer mounted on the rifle. Both were furred out exceptionally good for this time of year.  Stayed until it was pitch black dark, but no more customers. Here are the pictures of the yotes and the equipment set up.

Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

weedwalker

Way to go Al. :highclap: You're really stackin em up this year.

Frogman

Nice going Al, I like the pictures!
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

canine

Nice goin Al, I don't know how in the hell you can hunt in the heat  :shck:

The day I got out last week was a cool afternoon  :whew: , It was humid as hell today and you went hunting  :huh: :yoyo:

JD

possumal

J.D.: It was hot as hell, but we just went out for that last hour of daylight.  I tend to take that approach a lot if I am going to hunt this time of year.  We went again this a.m. to a real good looking place, but had no customers.  I was sweating bad before first light. I sure don't like it like I do winter hunting. I have been wanting to work the dogs, but it is far too hot for that.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

alscalls

Possum, great job on the yotes, congrats.........frogman and I are going out hopefully next week and we are going daytime only which is a switch for me. I will be taking your advice and god willing I will show ya some pics. Pm me any tips if you can I am used to a shotgun at night........now it will be a rifle and some big yellow shiny thing in the sky..... :laf:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

wv_yoter

Jason

Jeb

Good job Al !!  :highclap: :highclap:
           Jeb

bootmud

Wow, that's a great hunt!  I like guys that carry cameras to. :congrats:

bootmud
www.huntafp.org
www.kettlecreekcalls.com

Rprince

Good job Al!
I've hunted a little here lately, this heat is hard to stand at times.

Congrats on the kills!