• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Banksia Pod LAM Howler

Started by ohioyotehntr, July 18, 2008, 11:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohioyotehntr

I've been working on this one for a while. It's made from Kingwood,Padauk,Banksia pod and slivers of Maple. It's got a Carver howler tone board. It's 5 1/4" long with a 5/8" bore flared at the bell. It's finished with a ton of hand rubbed oil and wax.
Thanks for looking
Dusty

Dusty "Dirt" Ford
Dirt's Custom Calls

Todd Rahm

Dusty, what I can tell from these photos is...........

The materials ya used realy contrast each other well, and the way ya laminated them helps in the eye appeal too.  I haven't covinced myself if I'm a fan of the open holes on the BP yet, but this is one of the better ones I have seen for sure. Nice Job.  :congrats:

PS the edges of your laminates look jagged in these pics, but it looks like the jaggedness caused by the camera/picture. I get this sometimes with my camera.  :wink:

Hawks Feather

Dusty,

I really like the looks of your call.  Great color combinations and it looks like it is well finished.  I always look at the pod calls as more of a shelf call than a field call, and this one would look great on display.

Jerry

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

ohioyotehntr

Thanks for the comments. I would probably die if someone were to take this one out and tear it up.
Todd, The lines aren't jegged. It's gotta be the pic. The holes in the pod are what made me want to build this call.
Dusty "Dirt" Ford
Dirt's Custom Calls

blacky

Pardon my french but that is a damn nice looking call.
Complete line of turkey, locator, deer and squirrel calls.
www.genesturkeycalls.com

John_NY

That call sure is pretty. Is Kerry selling boards again or did you just have some left?  I hope he sells them again. I really like the boards he makes.

John
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Todd Rahm

QuoteTodd, The lines aren't jegged. It's gotta be the pic.

Yip the pic, cause the same pic ya posted on PM is the same pic but no jaggedness.  :confused:

ohioyotehntr

No problem Todd
John NY, Actually a friend GAVE me this board just for this call. That Tony Jones is a hell of a nice guy. And a great callmaker to boot. I'm going to hate to part with this one
Thanks for the comments
Dusty "Dirt" Ford
Dirt's Custom Calls

Todd Rahm

QuoteThat Tony Jones is a hell of a nice guy.

Think you'll find that a common statement when dealing with most these fellas in the hobby. A breed of their own.  :wink: