• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

headin bear huntin tonight, and an update on my son

Started by iahntr, August 28, 2008, 01:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iahntr

First I wanna Thank everybody that's been thinkin about and praying for our son and our family, it is greatly appreciated !!
Tues night they transfered him from Des Moines to Iowa City. He has continually improved both physically and mentally.
He is now talking "normal", no seeing things, flashing back from current to past times, reality to ???, man the mind is a crazy thing !!!
We are not out of the woods yet, we still have no definite answers, the Dr. here is very convinced that it is a brain injury (from head trauma that
he received from a fight he was in in March  :doh2:) They are doing more tests, but that's the way it's looking right now. So keep the prayers
comin, again, Thank You very much.   He may even be coming home in a couple days, they wanna make sure they have his pneumonia under control.

Now for part two. With my son out of immediate danger I'm back on track for my bear huntin trip. The way he was, I'm not sure I could've went,
or had much fun if I did go. Now we're good to go :thumb2:. Headin to Ontario, we are gonna leave about 2:00 A.M. Five of us huntin, and another six just fishin.
It's been about 4 years since I've been up there, lookin forward to it!  :eyebrow: Wouldn't mind tryin a little callin, but I'm not sure how it's gonna work out yet.
I'm just bow huntin too, most of it where were goin is so thick I think they'd be in your lap bout the same time ya saw em. Maybe get some good footage,
at least some good pics.  Should be a good time no matter what.
I'll probably be around yet later. I'll be bringing the lap top with but not sure if they'll have wireless or any place to connect to, for any play by play action.  :biggrin:
Thanks again, later, Scott
Scott

DirtyDog

great news on your son Scott!

I can't wait to hear about your stories and pics from the trip......

Have a safe one and don't come back as bear chow.  :eyebrownod:

HaMeR

THAT is some great news Scott!! Sounds like they know what is going on now with your boy & thats a good thing. We're still thinking about him here & hope the recovery is 100% soon!! Thanks for sharing & updating.  :yoyo:

Oh yeah,, have a good Safe trip buddy!!  :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Troy Walter

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

KySongDog

Glad to hear your son is out of the woods so far.   :congrats:

I hunted once up around Canyon Lake.  Lots of bears and everyone got one.  Great fishing too.  Have fun and bring back pics!

iahntr

Well, looks like no sleep tonight. :biggrin:  I talked to my son on the phone earlier, he sounded really good ! Like I told him, hearing his voice like that made me happier then any trip I could take. 

Quote from: DirtyDog on August 28, 2008, 01:50:18 PM

Have a safe one and don't come back as bear chow.  :eyebrownod:
Like I always say, you don't have to be able to outrun the bear, ya just hafta be able to outrun the guy next to ya.  :eyebrow: :biggrin:

Quote from: Semp on August 28, 2008, 11:18:44 PM
I hunted once up around Canyon Lake.  Lots of bears and everyone got one.  Great fishing too.  Have fun and bring back pics!
We'll be just north of there, a little north of Ear Falls. We've hunted quite a few times between Vermilion Bay and Red Lake.
I'll update during the week if I can. Hopefully have some to share with ya. I like the bear huntin trips, fish half the day, and hunt the last
half the day.  :thumb2:
Thanks again guys
         Scott
- sorry if I caused some confusion, the first place I talked about my son was in the "Fins and Fur Ministries"
Scott

Bills Custom Calls

This is all good news Scott.Thanks for the update on your son.

Don't forget the camera cause we want pics.Enjoy your hunt
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

FinsnFur

Good deal Scott. I hope things continue to get better for ya. :wink:

As for the trip to Ontario, I'm sure you'll have a blast. Bring us some pics, be safe, and I wish ya the best of luck on the hunt :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyote101

Great news about your son. I hope you have a wonderful and successful time in Canada.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

pitw

Wonderful update Scot.  Welcome to my country.  If you are going to shoot make sure it's a Liberal first.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Hawks Feather

Glad to hear that your son is doing better.   I am sure that is a relief and now you just need some time to relax and enjoy your hunt.

Jerry

vvarmitr

Ah heck Scott, I'll even pray you have a great & successful hunt. :wink:  It's no problem once I go the Big Guy on the line.  :laf:  :wink:

iahntr

Well, made er back safe and sound.
First I want to say Thanks again on behalf of my son. He came home while I was gone, and is doing great!
They have him on a couple different meds, and as of now believe time will heal the injury. Unless something else comes up,
he doesn't have to go back in for tests for at least six months.
I'll start a new topic on my vacation after a bit.
Thanks !!   
            Scott
Scott

possumal

Great news all across the board Scott. Looking forward to your vacation story.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

alscalls

Take a break then let us know......Your family is still in our thoughts and prayers. :wink:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

HaMeR

Thats great to hear Scott!! We're all pulling for you folks!!  :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11