• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Got a new coyote gun

Started by Bopeye, December 06, 2008, 04:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bopeye

Had to get a Mossberg 835 tactical. Just couldn't help myself.
Already have a few boxes of Dead Coyote for it. That stuff is expensive at $34 a box. That's crazy.

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Roundman

Heck ya, I like it. We need to hunt some WMA's after deer season Bop! Two fat boys in the woods with shotguns, you can't beat that.  :biggrin:

KySongDog

Nice gun, Bop!

Just wait till you go to pattern those 3 1/2 in shells.  You're in for a treat!   :biggrin:   

alscalls

NICE GUN Bop!
I think you will find 3 inch will pattern better from it than 3 1/2 Keep it in mind this has happened to me with those things. :wink:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

LORDDAL

why did I suddenly get a mental picture of Bop in full tac gear standing outside a door with a yote cowering on the other side anyway SWEET gun there Bop
there's something you better understand about me, 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box!

Proud member of Bills Custom Calls Pro Staff

Bopeye

Surely it's not going to kick harder than that double barrel 10 gauge I toted around last year. Is it?  :huh:

Roundman it sounds like a plan to me.  :yoyo:

Thanks guys for the kudos on the gun. I hope it works decent. Going to get the Carlson Dead Coyote choke and have already ordered two more boxes of Dead Coyote. One is 3" and the other is 3 1/2". I reckon we'll see what it does.  :eyebrow:

FinsnFur

That bad boy looks lethal. :huh:

I think I'd want a longer stock knowing that 9 outta 10 yotes aint gonna be in my lap when I fire though. But it does look like it'd be fun to shoot. :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

Quote from: Bopeye on December 06, 2008, 09:58:28 PM
Surely it's not going to kick harder than that double barrel 10 gauge I toted around last year. Is it?  :huh:

OH YEAH!!    :biggrin:   That 10 guage was a boat anchor.  Weight reduces recoil.  The 835 is light weight.  I had one of the very first 835's made.  Those  3 1/2 inch turkey loads were hail on the shoulder.   :biggrin:   But while turkey hunting I hardly ever felt the recoil.  I guess the adrenaline was pumping too hard.   :eyebrownod:  As always and of course YMMV.   :laf:

straycat

Quote from: FinsnFur on December 06, 2008, 10:13:32 PM

I think I'd want a longer stock knowing that 9 outta 10 yotes aint gonna be in my lap when I fire though.   . :eyebrow:

You obviously don't realize just how short his arms are !!!!!

HEY BOP !................                                                              BITE THIS !!!    :biggrin:

"If you're going to be a smartass, you'd better start by being smart before you start being an ass."

Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.

Bopeye

Quote from: straycat on December 07, 2008, 11:30:57 PM
Quote from: FinsnFur on December 06, 2008, 10:13:32 PM

I think I'd want a longer stock knowing that 9 outta 10 yotes aint gonna be in my lap when I fire though.   . :eyebrow:

You obviously don't realize just how short his arms are !!!!!

HEY BOP !................                                                              BITE THIS !!!    :biggrin:

Yuck!!!

BTW guys. The stock is a six way adjustable. It will extend out.  :biggrin:

straycat

"If you're going to be a smartass, you'd better start by being smart before you start being an ass."

Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.

brad9920

HOLD ON TO THAT BAD BOY, IT'S A KILLING MACHINE  :congrats:
Brad