• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Baylee is all grown up...

Started by Coulter, December 08, 2008, 07:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coulter

She just had her one year birthday last week...she loves it when I bring the ducks home. I just wish I would have had the time to train her. I do plan to work with her in the spring and see what happens. She is pretty smart and very well behaved - I think she'll still catch on pretty quick.

Steve

FinsnFur

Yeah, I dont know how she sat there so politely for the picture. I mean seriously, even I'd have been sniffin those duck and walking on em an everything else.
Ah, maybe it's just me :doh2:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

Look's like she's waiting for you to turn your back.  Good luck on training a good looking dog.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Coulter

I let her run around a bit and check the ducks out before I tried to make her sit there for the pic. She is really well behaved after she settles down a bit. I hope to take her on some hunts next year.

Jim, I think you would have been lifting your leg on the corner of that rock pile trying to stake out your territory :nofgr:

Steve

Silencer

Steve, my dogs problem is he's too gun-ho.  No matter how much I try and train he's just too full of it.
If a leaf falls out in front of us, he's going.  I guess that falls back on my OB training but dang, I can only do so much.  I know its my own fault, trying to juggle training, kids, etc etc etc.  Kids usually win out all the time.  I've been thinking of getting him snipped but I really dont like the idea.  I wouldnt do it to myself. 
A good trainer is a great thing, but hell, I cant afford that.  It took my cousins lab a few years to calm down, I'm praying my boy will do the same.

We'll keep working when I can, I dont want an award winner, just a gunner that enjoys a peaceful morning beside me.

Coulter

I'm in the same boat Vic...kids, family, calls, shows, hunting, etc., etc. It is tough find the time to properly train a dog too. I'm just hoping for a good hunting partner out of her. I'm not looking for a field trial champ or anything. Kepp ya posted on her progress :innocentwhistle:

Steve