• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

a few from last week

Started by John_NY, January 18, 2009, 02:32:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John_NY

I thought I'd post a few pictures of what I have been doing in the last week. It has not been alot fun this week with it being below zero most of the time. My shop gets pretty cold out there. They are all distress except the 2 Osage calls that are howlers.

John

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Hawks Feather

I can understand the low temps.  My shop is in my basement and even with a heater in there (I was cleaning, not turning) I could only get it up to about 55.  Not fun.

Jerry

HaMeR

Mi torpedo heater is blowing cold air in my garage.  :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

alscalls

I made one open reed deer horn dist. today and said.... the heck with it ,I was too cold!! I have a few more to make before LBL but dang is it cold down there! I got em drilled so turning should not take long. :pout:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

sharkathmi

Awesome looking calls!!
Great finish too! Nice.
M

alscalls

I like the skull :eyebrownod:
The calls are very nice too.... :yoyo: :yoyo:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

John_NY

I think skulls are going to be my new hobby collecting them. I just got the one in the picture "coyote" and I got a red fox, bobcat and have a raccoon skull coming. No I gotta find a skunk skull.

John
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

pitw

Would you like me to mail you a few John?  I could always send them with a scarlet return address.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Todd Rahm

I just threw out a huge alaskan coyote skull and a blck bear skull.  :doh2: Was gona have then plated but said to myself "Screw it, spend that money on calls"  :innocentwhistle:

John_NY

Man I wished you guys wouldn't tell me about throwing nice stuff away like that.  Barry if I hear ya throwing away antlers I'll have to make a trip to Alberta.  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao: 

John

sharkathmi

Quote from: Todd Rahm on January 18, 2009, 11:35:08 PM
I just threw out a huge alaskan coyote skull and a blck bear skull. 

When I moved down here from Alaska, I left behind several Caribou antlers and some Moose sheds :doh2: :doh2:
Who'da thunk I'd be needin' em now :confused:
M

John_NY

And here I sit running out of antler. You guys sure can be mean.  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:

John

Silencer

I really like how you combined the antler with the calls, they turn out very nice.