• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Afternoon Hunt

Started by Yotehntr, January 31, 2009, 08:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yotehntr

Went out hunting with a new friend this afternoon. Right along the 2nd or 3rd stand I was calling (with one of my buckeye burl calls) from the edge of a wooded area across a field into a larger wooded lot. Right along the 2nd cadence I saw movement in the woods across from us. They checked up at the edge and I called a little more, they came in full steam. When they got about 60 yards in front of us I put out a bark... the front one, the one I'm suppose to shoot turns tail and runs! He made a quick stop and my buddy says now! Mine did the bang flop, his is runnig....I took a couple running shots, thought I connected, he cringed up on the 2nd one but no flop and never found blood. I look over at my buddy and say...what happened?  ummmm.... I looked at him, you forgot to load didn't you.  Yep.  :laf: well I gave him a little grief but he was pretty down....so I gave him some more grief.  :laf: He's a great guy, I've done worse...but I'll never tell about those!  :noway: Anyway's here's a pic of the victim, being held up by someone who's ate better than she had.
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

Frogman

Looks like you did better than Al and I!!  WTG! 

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

iahntr

Man that's ruff, when it all comes together and,,,,, "click"    :doh2:    :laf:

Nice job  :highclap:
Scott

coyote101

Way to go Yotehntr.  :yoyo: Congratulations.  :congrats:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

alscalls

WTG!!! :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Tell yer buddy It could be worse........at least you did not walk forever in the freezing cold and hear your partner say.........I forgot my remote in the truck....... :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Yotehntr

:roflmao:  :roflmao: Hey frogman! I had 2 for my foxpro, give one to the buddy then  :eyebrow:
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink: