• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

light colored coyote (pic)

Started by lankrod, February 11, 2009, 09:10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lankrod

I'm getting a little behind - been sick with the stomach flu. Went hunting a week ago Sat, and wasn't feeling too great. About midway thru the third stand of the morning, I'm telling myself, I've got to head home, as I'm feeling pretty puny. I look to my left, and here comes this coyote
bounding my way. He slows when he sees the decoy and stops. I can't move to get on him, and wait. He turns, either to leave, or circle, not sure which, but I swing 90 degrees to my left. Just as I start to get settled, he stops, and turns to look one more time. Big mistake on his part, as one shot from the AR and he's DRT.

We finish the stand, with no more action, and I'm done for the day - and most of the next week, as the stomach flu takes its toll.

I didn't hunt, or do much of anything, for the week. Fri nite we moonlight hunted, and the AR claimed the third victim. It was a very mangy coyote that didn't even get dragged to the truck.

We hunted ALL day Sunday, and didn't see a single coyote. Called several places we haven't hunted this year, and a few we haven't hunted in a few years. Hoping this weekend we may have a little better luck.

The picture doesn't do this coyote justice, as he's very lightly colored.

pitw

Good one there lankrod.  Sorry to hear about the flu but I guess it's natures way of saving some coyotes.
I say what I think not think what I say.

alscalls

Hope ya feel better......WTG on the yote!
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

FinsnFur

yea, what a trooper. Setting home puking in a bucket woulda been a lot more fun :yoyo:

Ya stuck it out and it paid off :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

vvarmitr

Stomach flu ya say?  We figured you were out chasing neked women.  :innocentwhistle:

Sure glad you see you're getting some fur!  :congrats:

Hidehunter

Thats a fine lookin yote.  You did better than me, I had a stomach virus and didnt move for about 3 days. :puke:
Denver                                           

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

LBLDOG

I know all about the stomach thing ,I had it when we had the big ice storm and had no power. I was pucking with a flash light for the only light I had.  Thats a good  looking yote , I bet it made  your stomach feel better for a few seconds!!!

possumal

Hey Lankrod, good job.  Glad you are feeling better. Looks like you proved old Uncle Jay right again, "They always stop, they always do". 
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

SCcoyotehunter

Both of my kids and my wife have had it this week. I am praying that it passes me over. Been a rough week here as well for them. I hope your feeling better by now.
Davo

lankrod

Thanks for all the encouragement to get well.  I'm back on my feet again.  I wast the last one in my family to get it - and it hit me the hardest.