• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO ALL THE .223 AMMO

Started by BLACK_RIFLE, February 17, 2009, 09:52:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLACK_RIFLE

Hawks Feather

The initial problem was that most of the primers were going to military rounds - or at least that was the word a little over a year ago when you couldn't find primers.  Then the .223 started getting harder to locate  and people were again told it was going to the military. This was the start.

Now there is some concern that there could be  some  action by the current president in regards to both ammo and reloading components.  There has been speculation, but no ammo bills yet.  But I would be willing to bet a round of .223 that something will happen.  So, most people that have any extra money are buying while they can get it.  Our local WalMart had some .223 the other day when I was there getting some .22LR.   The lady at the register asked me what was going on because they can't keep ammo in stock and much of what they are ordering comes back as out of stock. 

My suggestion, and I don't have stock in any ammo or reloading components, would be to buy what you can afford whenever you can find it at a decent price.

Jerry

KySongDog

kyfuzzyface

I checked My local Wally world just last week
They had over 200 boxes of 200 rounds of 223 50 gr fereral HP at 79.00 + tax
check  with wally world in your area
Good luck
Fuzzy