• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Spring gobbler 2009 pic

Started by miss_hunter, April 27, 2009, 10:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miss_hunter

When I met up with my Dad this morning...I wasn't in the mood for practicing Quality Turkey Management. I laughed with him on the way to the spot we had in mind and I said "the first gobbler that comes in looking for love...is going to get dumped!" With that being said, my Dad replied "Now you know, it's going to be a jake." Well, turns out his name was Jake! So I'm hoping the next one's name will be Tom and he will be from Illinois! What can I say, I'm a girl who has a thing for boys named Jake and Tom. lol... When he came into the decoys, my Dad whispered to me "You don't have to shoot him, if you want to wait for a long beard." My reply to that was, *BANG!!!* What I was in the mood for was a good old fashioned turkey hunt with my Dad, regardless of beard or spur size. After all was said and done, he came clean and told me that he's glad my season is over here so quickly because he says I always keep him out until the last minute. I can't figure out what I like more the turkey hunting or spending the time with him. Maybe, it's just the combination of both things that make it my most favorite thing in my life. I do plan on spending more time, just going along on his hunts for the duration of our season. Yesterday was my Dad's 50th birthday and he said that being out turkey hunting with me this morning and walking out with a gobbler was the best present...EVER! We are lucky for the days that we get to spend hunting with those who we enjoy being around and love dearly. I couldn't be happier for the way things turned out. It will be a laughable memory we shared today, if tomorrow never comes. It's always good to start memories out, down an old logging road. Best of success to ALL!!!

FinsnFur

Nice!
Your dad's a lucky man. And congrats on that nice Turkey.

Welcome to Fins and Fur. If you are who I think you are I've seen plenty of your trapping pics around the web. :yoyo:

Just dont be too hard on some of these guys :wink: :laf: 
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

alscalls

Welcome to FNF! Nice job on the turkey......sounds like a great day. :yoyo: :yoyo:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Silencer

Congrats on a beautiful bird  :congrats:  Chase some of em up north fer me, I finally got a day off tomorrow to hunt  :biggrin:

Hawks Feather

First and foremost, welcome to Fins and Fur.  Hopefully you will have a good time here.

As for taking a Jake rather than a Tom, unless you are looking for something to hang on the wall, a Jake would work fine for me.  That one really doesn't have as much distinction in his tail feathers as some that I have seen.  Glad that you had a good time with your dad and tell him we said Happy Birthday.   :biggrin:

Welcome,

Jerry

HaMeR

Welcome to FnF.  :yoyo:  Nice looking bird you got there. Tell your dad Happy Birthday too.  :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

miss_hunter

Wow, thanks for the warm welcome. I will certainly pass on the "happy birthday's" to my Dad. I'm the lucky one. I promise not to be hard on the guys. After all, I wouldn't be half the hunter I am today without their help. It has been appreciated greatly.  :wink:

HuntnCarve

Well, well, well!  Look who showed up!  Don't be fooled by her coy demeanor fellas!  This young lady would give "Artemis" -The goddess of the hunt" a run for her money!  She's taken bear, and bucks, and hogs, and coyotes, and a truckload of turkeys!  She can trap, skin, and process any furbearer.   She's also spun a call or two on the lathe (I'll have to find the photos :highclap:) I could go on, and on...  She's even sat across the table from the wife and I and shared supper with us on several occassions.  She'll worm her way into your hearts, like she's done my family.  So be forewarned!  But first, please welcome her as a dear friend!

Glad to have you here, Miss B!

Dave

PS.  A belated Happy Birthday to your Dad!  And congrats on your Jake.   I'm glad you left a couple "longbeards" for the rest of us. LOL!

bigben

I was reading the post and I was thinkin the gal is postin just like slyvixen.  then I looked down and seen the familar face.  good to see ya made it over here and that is definately a nice bird ya bagged there. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Todd Rahm

Well,the welcoming party likes ya and thats perty darn good in my book any day. Welcome aboard young lady.  :congrats: Nice turkey, belated birthday to your father and nice "White Wolf" howler.  :biggrin:

Plus from the hunt101 photos ya get to hunt more then me.  :innocentwhistle: :biggrin: :wink:

blacky

Spending time with family and friends is what it is all about. The success you have with bringing home a nice bird is just the icing on the cake. Congratulations to you and your Father.
Complete line of turkey, locator, deer and squirrel calls.
www.genesturkeycalls.com

KySongDog

Congratulations and welcome to FnF!   That was a good write up and great pic!   :congrats:

Hidehunter

Welcome to FNF and congrats on a great bird.
Denver                                           

Frogman

Welcome to the forum!!  Nice turkey!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!