• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Earlier this year...

Started by miss_hunter, April 28, 2009, 08:21:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

miss_hunter

Well anybody who knows me, knows that I can come up with some wild ideas. One of my ideas, took shape last year when I had this great idea that I was going to hunt all 50 states. Crazy??? Maybe! It helps that I hunt whatever, whenever, with whatever is necessary to get the job done. Since I live in PA, picking up the states around me has been pretty simple. I went to Delaware, to hunt snow geese. ~notta~ Then, I hunted New Jersey, for Atlantic Brant on what I swear was the coldest day of the year. I took down 2 Atlantic Brant and a bonus perfect Bufflehead. I got a little hung up in Maryland. I went down on a whitetail deer hunt and then I went back down to bow hunt for a sika deer. When my stubborn mind, wouldn't admit that I was really sick...reality smacked me around. Bow hunting and coughing, is never a good mix. I just refused to come home. Certainly there is something that I can hunt and be coughing at the same time. On the way back home, it became clear that it was the last weekend for waterfowl hunting. I called the outfitter who took me out for whitetail deer and asked him if I could borrow a shotgun and hunt geese with him. he said sure! It was a done deal, I was going goose hunting. I shot 2 geese and put a shot of perfection on a ultra prime black duck. I think it was a lucky hit, but the guides were patting me on the back for the shot I took at that black duck. Folded up like a napkin and slid across the ice. It was an unexpected weekend that ended up with one of the most sought after ducks, I hear about. That black duck is only the second duck I ever got. It's been a year to remember, so far. I go places even though most times, I can only stay for 2 days at a time. Some people think that's a waste of time and money. There may be some truth to that, but I want to see and do as much as I can. When I leave for Illinois tomorrow, it will be my 8th trip of the year. I would rather have a taste of something, than nothing at all. I wish everyone the very best out of their outdoor adventures. Take them whenever you can!

New Jersey, sunrise over the decoys.

My Atlantic Brant and Bufflehead. AH, it felt like summertime!

My Fliippin Trip to Maryland. Sika deer, flip to waterfowl! Maryland, wasn't going to be a blank page in my scrapbook!

Hawks Feather

I don't think that any trip is a waste of money and if you can hunt while you are on the trip it is even better.  I was happy when I set foot in Alaska so that I could say that I had visited every state.  To say that I had hunted every state would be unbelievable to me.  If you are driving to IL and are on the turnpike, honk at the Bryan exit - I am about 20 miles south.  If you are flying, just wave.

Good hunting,

Jerry

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Hidehunter

Denver                                           

Silencer

:bowingsmilie: sunrises are so much more beautiful in a duck blind for some reason  :yoyo:

Congrats  :highclap:

vvarmitr

Well, your welcome to hunt groundhogs & other vermin w/ me here in Ohio iffen you so desire. ;yes;
Hunting in all 50 states isn't crazy, ambitious, but not crazy. :nono:
Crazy is wanting to get a g'hog in all 88 counties in Ohio.  :dance:
I can't get enough time in the summer to hunt my own areas. Come this Friday we will have worked 19 days straight. :rolleye:

Here's hoping you make your goal Miss"Go Getter" Hunter.  :biggrin:

miss_hunter

Thanks all...

Hawks Feather, I'm doing the long and boring drive. Listen for the beep after my wash is done. I'll be on my way then. No matter where I go, for some reason packing ahead just doesn't seem as exciting! I always wait until the last minute!

Silencer, I'm finding that to be oh...so...true! I look forward to getting into more waterfowl hunting and more sunrises.

vvarmitr, Pegging groundhogs...sounds like fun. I think that would be neat to get a g'hog in every county! Sweet. Wow, working 19 days straight.  :shck: I would never last that many days straight, unless it was a night shift and I could still sneak away hunting or fishing somewhere. I'm on vacation until May 9th. I too, HOPE...to make my goal. If not, the focus helps keep me outta trouble.