• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Back from fishing[again]

Started by pitw, October 05, 2009, 02:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

I got pissed at the world in general and my daughter in particular on Thursday morning so I did what all responsible people do and went fishing.  I took me, myself and I along on this trip so you can imagine that the pics are going to be poor but hopefully the story makes up for the artistic efforts.  I got to the lake about 3pm and immediately dumped my boat in and raced to the far end[always the way eh.].  First 5 casts caught Lake trout and I caught 20+ that first evening.  Friday I was out early and so were the trout as I caught 70+ that day.  Funny how people will do the same old thing whether it's working or not as one old boy[didn't have any friends either] pulled into the shallows I was fishing and bitched about the lack of action.  I caught seven while we were chatting and he soon had it figured out as to what I was doing different from him.  He said "I've fished these damb trout the same way for 60 years and then some young whipper snapper comes along to show me how it's done right".  I chuckled thinking of all the times that has happened to me.
 Saturday I went looking for lake Whitefish and found them as well.  I caught well over a hundred in a day and a half.  Fun part of the trip was anchoring my boat 30 feet from a bridge and 7 different people stopped to chat.  One guy and a woman stopped and they came over to the edge of the bridge watching what I was doing.  "What you doing"? he asked :doh2:.  I hate stupid questions as much as the next guy so I replied,"Washing some fish hooks :laf: and what are you doing? Looking for a blow job? :wink:"  Well he goes about 9/10ths ballistic and she kinda  :sneer:.  He calls me an asshole[amongst other colorful language for asking a question like that.  I said,"Better to be a useful appendage than just an idiot.  Whats the matter with the question as you are the one driving around with a woman?"  Gosh I had fun with that dork :yoyo:.  The temps were 33F to 41F and not a lot of people to bother me out there and that's the way I like it.

Whitefish

Lake trout

Now you have seen all the pictures I took in 4 days so don't ask for any more as there are none.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Hawks Feather

So was this a catch and release, shore lunches, or sushi?

Jerry

pitw

Pretty much all catch and release Jerry.  I kept one on Thursday and Friday for suppers and I brought 2 Lakers and 4 Whitefish home Sunday for a taste test with the family.  I was there to enjoy fishing and that's what I did.  Amazing how the arguement to go in and warm up always fell on deaf ears. :shrug:

FinsnFur

Quote from: pitw on October 05, 2009, 02:43:27 PM
 "What you doing"? he asked :doh2:.  I hate stupid questions as much as the next guy so I replied,"Washing some fish hooks :laf: and what are you doing? Looking for a blow job? :wink:"  Well he goes about 9/10ths ballistic and she kinda  :sneer:.  He calls me an asshole[amongst other colorful language for asking a question like that.  I said,"Better to be a useful appendage than just an idiot.  Whats the matter with the question as you are the one driving around with a woman?"  

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :doh2:
You have way to much fun with the idiots around you Barry.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

Nice story, Barry!   :congrats:   

Got any more pics?   

pitw

Quote from: FinsnFur on October 05, 2009, 10:29:45 PM

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :doh2:
You have way to much fun with the idiots around you Barry.

Not enough fun Jim as I waited at the bridge until dark for him to come back and thank me :shrug: