• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

NORTH CENTRAL COYOTE HUNTERS NEAR NEW YORK STATE LINE

Started by Duane Stocum, October 08, 2009, 09:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duane Stocum

i'm looking for coyote/fox hunters that hunt n the north central area of Pa,near the New York border or even Pa coyote hunters.these are not by far the same animal that they hunt out west,that they constantly call in on thir videos.would like to see them call them like that here.Their videos are entertaining to say the least,but don't help much here.anyone know of any videos(dvds) made this far north? have viewed Byron Souths (hunting the thick stuff) and maybe these ideas may work,but it's still nothing being done on our yotes.it's filmed in east Texas.So if any hunters out tthere have anything that truely works,lets here from you,no bullshit though ,we should be beyond that.Fox calling information i really don't need as we do very well at that,other then the fact that our coyotes have our fox population down.so lets hear from you,see if we can't help each other have a exciting season.

bigben

I hunt in northcentral part of the state a few times in the year.  I seen where you were asking where 1123 coyote lives at.  hopefully he replys here.  I know him but do not feel I should put it out on the open board.  I hunt mostly around the quehanna wild area along with moshannon and sproul state forests.  look for thick areas and use the wind to your advantage.  also look for food up there.  there is not a large abundance of game up on the mountians up there in the dead of winter.  coyotes need food and habitat to survive the winters and if you find both you have a good chance that you will find the coyotes along with bobcats.  I will be up there the weekend of november 14th in the renovo area.  if you are interested in hookin up and hunting a bit pm me and we can work out details.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

bigben

oh and welcome.  I only know of a handfull of pa guys here.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

KySongDog

Quote from: Duane  Stocum on October 08, 2009, 09:13:40 AM
ianyone know of any videos(dvds) made this far north?

Here is a link to a very good video made for eastern hunters    Eastern Coyotes Vol 1  

Bopeye

Quote from: Semp on October 08, 2009, 04:41:21 PM
Quote from: Duane  Stocum on October 08, 2009, 09:13:40 AM
ianyone know of any videos(dvds) made this far north?

Here is a link to a very good video made for eastern hunters    Eastern Coyotes Vol 1  

I second this Duane. The turf may not be identical, but it happens in Virginia, Tennessee, Alabama which is a lot closer to what you hunt in than Texas thick stuff. I have the DVD and it's really good. CCP made the video and he is a moderator on this board. Heck of a good guy too. He'll help you any way he can.
Rich Higgins himself said you had to change up tactics here in the east and he lives way out west. He's hunted coyotes here in the east though and knows the difficulties we face here.  :wink:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Silencer

I'm right on the NY line over in Susq. Co.   You want coyote in numbers up here ?   Bait piles and hounds buddy !!!   :eyebrow: :wink:

bigben

I never knew you were that far north silencer.  

another calling the east vid is brent saxtons.  I haven't seen richards but from seeing the little video clips he has posted I am sure it is a good eastern coyote vid. .  

Duane Stocum

Thanks BigBen,for the info and the offer,renovo area is not that far from me,i'm out of wellsboro,so maybe we can hook up for a hunt around that time,i have a hunting partner that would be hunting with us also,we've been doing pretty well so far this year on locating them.saturday 10/10/2009 had a couple of hit's, but wind was wrong.we have plenty of areas now to hunt just have to come of with a entrance and a set-up.bobeye,i don't hunt in texas,just saw Byron Souyths dvd ,even though he comments on in the east a lot,i believe it was all filmed in east texas.semp,thanks for the link,have checked this site out before,will need to pick up the dvd and check it out.never have to much info on these eastern coyotes

bigben

let me know then.  I will be heading north a good bit this year probably after christmas for cats since I drew a tag.  so once the snow flys up there that will be my primary focus.  of course they are calling for snow up there this week I believe.  winters coming early that is for sure. 

Duane Stocum

Ok BigBen,we'll have to work it out,you have to give me some  kind of a date time frame as to when your planning on coming up this way and we'll set it up.Bopeye,i believe i mis-read  what you were saying,(quote: alot closer to what you hunt in than Texas thick stuff) thought you said that i hunt in Texas,my opology! So i'll have to pick up this eastern coyote vol.1 dvd and check it out.I applaud the guys who can hunt and film these coyotes,as it is a task just to hunt and call them in for a kill.(they are a turkey with a nose).so thanks again everyone for your help and info and great hunting to all.

alscalls

I loaned this video to my Uncle whom I have hunted with since I was a small child.....He is very set in his ways and still only gets one channel on his TV with an antenna.....he and I have coyote hunted together many times.
When I asked him if he would like to view the video he said " Those Video guys are full of $&*#"
I pleaded with him that this one is different.....After a few weeks of me asking him to watch it he would not give it back as he wanted his two sons to watch it with him then some buddies from work..... :laf: :laf:
Believe me if he likes it this much......It is more like what we do around here.
Pick up the DVD and if you dont get something from it.....I will buy it from you.....I like it that much..... :wink:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

bigben

I am definately going to be up there hunting the weekend of november 14th.  that is a pa pred hunters assoc. hunt weekend based out of renovo.  after that I will pm ya some dates.  but I am sure many will be day trips when the weather cooperates.