• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Went fishing once again.

Started by pitw, October 21, 2009, 08:24:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

I woke up Friday morning to this and a phone call.

Phone call was a Buddy who's wife told him to go fly a kite but he didn't want to do that so we went and done this.

He had never caught Lakers or whitefish before so he seemed to enjoy himself.

Supper usually consisted of me doing the cooking [I gotta find a buddy that can cook].

First you get the spuds cooking.

Then the fish.

Fish turned out well again and again.

Went for a drive one cool morning [24F] and came across a moose hunting camp.

I found a hook under some junk in my cubby box and figured I better get a pic before I lost it.

One cast later and I couldn't show the hook as it was gone :doh2:

First piece of equipment needed in order to have a fun trip is a good coyote call.

On the second night we had met some fellers that had a moose camp set up about 200 yds from us and we had said we would trade fish for moose.  It was so dark you couldn't see much as went over to visit them at 9pm and when we got close I got Allan to stop, wait and watch.  I snuck up on the three guys who were looking at their fire and talking in quiet tones.  I got to within 8 feet and let 'er rip with the open reed and gotta admit I wasn't expecting quite the reaction I got.  The one guy literally ran through the fire on his way to whereever he was headed.  The next one fell over sideways and just kinda whimpered.  The third one I got to calling "tippy' just sat there pissed to the gills.
I say what I think not think what I say.

cathryn

it looks like you guys had beautiful weather and alot of fun.
ive never caught a fish anyways near that big.

i dont care for fish to eat but it looks like y'all did a good job cooking them.

i like your iron skillet, i got one just like it. :biggrin:

slagmaker

Sounds and looks like a good time. Thanks for sharing. Makes me want to head north in a bad way
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

JohnP

Looks like you guys had a good time and the vittles sure looked good.  Is that lake near your place, if so I may come visit.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

alscalls

:biggrin:     :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo:  You forgot to loan him the camera for a bit.... :nofgr:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

iahntr

:laf: Woulda been a sight to see !  :roflmao:
The fish look mighty tastey too !  :yoyo:
Scott

FinsnFur

Dandy Lake Trout  :yoyo:
Thats one thing I never got to do when I lived on Lake Michigan...couldnt eat them anyway :sad:

Speaking of lakes, that one looks like it'd be a hot lil spot to fish in the summer too. How shallow is it on the edges? Does hold many Pike?

Oh and I got to love that camper :laf: Looks like an old Ponderosa
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

Cathryn I've had that pan a long time and yes it is Mine.
Al you know better than that :doh2:
Jim along the edges it is about 1/10th of an inch deep. :shrug: 

Actually there are some pretty fair areas where you can fish 3-10ft of water but the pike isn't plentyful.  Reason I like this lake is the lack of people.
The stock trailer as a hunting shack is a great thing.  You don't have to worry about the floor and every cattle man has one.  I am sure there are better units but I ain't seen them.  There is also a moose hanging in that picture and I think it's case these guys are used to being in the outside world unlike the guys camped by us.

coyote101

Great pictures Barry.  :highclap: :highclap: It sure is beautiful up there. I had hoped to catch a laker when I was in Canada this year but the weather and my complete lack of fishing skills prevented it.  :argh: From your posts it looks like you don't have any problems.  :bowingsmilie:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

pitw

Quote from: coyote101 on October 22, 2009, 05:51:59 AM
I had hoped to catch a laker when I was in Canada this year but the weather and my complete lack of fishing skills prevented it.  :argh: 
Pat

Actually Pat it is my complete lack of "won't do it the way everyone else does it" that got us these fish.  I fish Lake trout in the fall different than everyone on this lake.  For many years I've watched people troll around and around for these Lakers but because I dared to be different I've found that a ruber tailed jig fished right on the bottom and hardly moving catch fish.  I mean the trolling works a little as some guys caught 2-6 a day but I was catching 30+ with my unheard of method.