• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Got me a new gun {sorta}

Started by pitw, August 16, 2009, 07:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

Thursday morning I was informed that Don Halls guns were going up for auction on Saturday.  This is the man that my boy Donnny is named after [and initialed after].  He was a major part of my make up and I knew I had to get a certain gun if it was being sold.  I drove three hours one way on Friday to see if the gun was there and ran into an old friend that was going to be at the sale all day Saturday so I got him to bid on it for me.  I was in Castor where Jim lives at 8am this morning to bring back my gun[I'd told him to bid whatever it took]. 

10 gauge, muzzle loading older than even Semp and it's now in the hands of the person who wanted it most Me.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Tikaani

Nice gun Barry, nice to see it found it's way home.  Make and model?

John
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

KySongDog

Quote from: pitw on August 16, 2009, 07:22:48 PM

10 gauge, muzzle loading older than even Semp and it's now in the hands of the person who wanted it most Me.

Hey! Watch that!  :biggrin:   Possumal is WAY older than me.  Pick on him.   :eyebrownod:

Nice looking shotgun ya got there.   :congrats:

Hawks Feather

Nice looking shotgun and it is even better now that we know the history on it. 

Jerry

alscalls

OMG!!!!  I absoloutly LOVE that gun!!!   :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo:
I was wondering how that sale went for ya......

I see a GOLD pan too.....the boys are taking pics of any progress I hope?  :eyebrownod: :eyebrownod:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

iahntr

Very nice.
I'm glad ya got it.  :congrats:
Scott
Scott

FinsnFur

"Older then Semp"   :roflmao:

Nice buy! Thats gotta be worth about as much coin as it is sentimental value.
Whats that thing weigh? Roughly 60 lbs? :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HuntnCarve

Looks sort of like an old Iver Johnson 12 gauge (Great Grandfather's)thats sitting out at my mom's place.  I'd venture a guess that the barrels are Damascus?  

pitw

That gun was made before there were any gun making companys[as we know them today].  Sauer was the gun maker and it was made around 1840 in England.  When the fellow asked how much to pay I said "Whatever your final bid needs to be to own it".  Guys I've known that gun since Don aquired it and I was there when it got it's first goose, duck, coyote, fox, pigeon, gopher, granery and cow.
Yep Dave you are right.
Don't sweat it Semp cause you could add you and PosssumAl and me together to get enough years for the age of the gun.
While Jim was at it and knowing that I liked the old guns and all he also picked up Dons best 12 gauge shotgun.

Here is Don with the two of them tgether

Jim she is a mite heavy and Don has a little trouble putting 'er to his shoulder.

I say what I think not think what I say.

alscalls

Wonderfull pair....... :yoyo: :yoyo:
Good to show the boys how things used to be..... :eyebrownod:

About that gold pan....
AL

HuntnCarve

Wow!  I could see where lookin down the business end of a 10 gauge could be quite intimidating!  Ol' Jim C. should remember that picture the next time he bans HaMer! LOL!  Great catch on the shotguns.  If they could only speak...

Silencer

you can sure tell thats hand checkering ( spelling ? )   Beautiful guns  :congrats:

Yotehntr

Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

golfertrout

timbertoes

Congrats, it would be an awesome gun to own, even if it did not have history.
Meet your adversary on a common ground of wits and skill.
Leave the E-caller at home with the video games.

golfertrout

it would be fun to just be able to clean it :yoyo:

alscalls

Now about that gold pan........ :eyebrownod:
AL

vvarmitr

I always thought Sauer was a German name?
Are they both Sauers?

How about some more pix & info, but leave the gold pan out. It's driving Al nuts. :rolleye: