• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

The Howling

Started by nastygunz, October 16, 2009, 08:34:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

Sat up in a spot last night and listened to the coyotes going wild across a pond...howling, barking and yipping....always gets your blood racing...cant get to em as its on the back of a biggish pond thats posted private all the way around...still cool hearing them sound off like that :yoyo:

pitw

The worlds best music in my humble opinion.
I say what I think not think what I say.

JohnP

Quote from: pitw on October 16, 2009, 09:06:42 AM
The worlds best music in my humble opinion.

Ain't that the truth.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

FinsnFur

If you can get close enough to hear them you should be able to call em off the property.

...well unless the owner has one of those underground dog fences, and each coyote collared. :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

alscalls

First thing I thought .....Call em from another property......We gotta do that a lot around here.
Never hurts to look up the owner and ask either..... :shrug:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

nastygunz

Let me elaborate, if I may  :wink:...they are on the back side of a pond, private posted land all the way around...the only access to the pond is the boat ramp I was sitting on...YES, I have asked permission on both sides, DENIED...if I can call them so they swim the whole length of the pond to me then I should have my own hunting show  :innocentwhistle:...the other option is going across the pond in the winter time..which I have tried...but they seem to not be in that area in the winter...so a-howling theyll keep......hmmmmmmmm....helicopter hunt ?....... :biggrin:

nastygunz

Quote from: FinsnFur on October 16, 2009, 06:21:34 PM
If you can get close enough to hear them you should be able to call em off the property.

...well unless the owner has one of those underground dog fences, and each coyote collared. :wink:

Speaking of that....yesterday I drove by a big corn field and saw what I thought was a coyote way out there...got briefly xcited until I put the spotting scope on him and it was one of the escaped boxer dogs that ocasionally break free from their lawn system and roam the area .