• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

I luv Night hunting

Started by timbertoes, October 19, 2009, 11:41:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timbertoes

Over the years, I have come to love night hunting WAY much more than any other time.
Partly because it gets a little scary, lol.

Saturday night I had an Owl SCREECH at me.
At first, I thought, was that a Bobcat sound? ...then the Owl started some hooting. Neat, real neat.

But I sure keept my eyes to the sky, have heard to many stories of guys getting hurt by an Owl.
Meet your adversary on a common ground of wits and skill.
Leave the E-caller at home with the video games.

LBLDOG

I'm jealous! I wish we could night hunt! I would really like to try it. I wish the Fish & Wildlife would pass this so we could do this at night. I know it has to be a lot of fun. I use to Mtn Bike at night on our trails at LBL. We would ride the 12 mile loop with little headlights, it changes everything up and puts a spin on it. I would say it would change it up a little also put a spin on yote hunting

iahntr

I agree, wished we could night hunt here too. (we can, but not with the use of any light.  :doh2:)
I hear ya on the owls! Or any winged predator for that matter.  :nono:  I was thinkin that when I read Bushy's post
on one landin on his head. I was sittin in my stand the other night and had one dive at me 4 different times!
Freakin thing wouldn't leave me alone! :nono: I about hit it with my bow the last time. He wouldn't give up.
I'm not sure what he was seein, the nock on my arrow? glare off my glasses? It was time for me to get out
of the stand anyways.  :eyebrownod:
Scott

timbertoes

Hey, my Son has been Mt. Biking some of those trails :)
He works at his Grandma's Health food store in Paducah.

And Raccoons. I like it when they come a running, those cute little bandits :)  See them real often.

LBLDOG

alscalls

They aint so cute when they are running up your leg squalling at 2 am....... :nono:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

timbertoes

:laf: :laf:
They do worry me a bit , got sharpppp teeth and claws!