• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Rusty at it..

Started by timbertoes, October 15, 2009, 10:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timbertoes

Dang it, I am 0 for 2, my 1st 2 times out yote calling this season, waahhh.

First time., Yote was watching me (daytime), I only saw as it trotted off. Even when I got it to come back, it never gave me chance.  :rolleye:

Then tonight, I work one back and forth across a small feild of tall weeds.
When it is finally presenting a full-body shot, I got stupid and aimed for the head and missed.  :doh2:

At least I got a raccon to come in about 5 feet away, lol. stomped my feet at it and it scurried off.

Still, it was exciting and fun :)
wish you all better luck than I had!
Meet your adversary on a common ground of wits and skill.
Leave the E-caller at home with the video games.

pitw

I'd have to be real lucky to get a coon to come in[don't got 'em] :pout:.  At least you can't blame the coyotes for not doing their part :biggrin:.  The rust will wear off :wink:
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

Your 0 for 2, and I'm -0 for none, cause I havent even had the chance to get out. :doh2:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

alscalls

Well if you were in WV you would have about 20-30 more to go before ya even seen one..... :laf: :laf:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

timbertoes

Quote from: alscalls on October 16, 2009, 07:30:10 AM
Well if you were in WV you would have about 20-30 more to go before ya even seen one..... :laf: :laf:

OUCH!

LORDDAL

Quote from: alscalls on October 16, 2009, 07:30:10 AM
thats just up in Al's neck of the woods round here I am gettin really good at runnin the suckers down with my truck ................ go on Jimbo pick on my dodge you know you want to but hey a dead yote is a dead yote right  :roflmao: starting to get alot of yotes around here several farmers talkin about how thick they are starting to get now if we could only get the bounty back on em going after ruffies deer and yotes tomorrow so keep yer fingers crossed  :yoyo:
there's something you better understand about me, 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box!

Proud member of Bills Custom Calls Pro Staff

timbertoes

The REAL TEST came last night.... Had 3 yotes come to the call, but I was carrying a shotgun, and simply could not get them in closer than 100-ish yards.  :doh2:

I may have to start carrying some rabbit pee in a spray bottle again!

alscalls

When they do that to me I try and leave my partner sit and I walk a couple of hundred yds. behind him and hit a few howls.....sometimes they will come to the first spot I called from and the shooter can have a crack at em.... :eyebrow:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

timbertoes

a Good partner is hard to come by...had one, then one day he just quit asking me to go, and didn't answer my phone calls..

And it seems that most land owners prefer just one person...most of the time I have to promise not to bring others, to get permission, so there's that going on.