• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Coyote Meets 6.8 SPC

Started by vmaster59, December 02, 2009, 07:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vmaster59

Hi,last week a good friend came over from Midland. We went out to one of the ranches for some day time hunting.
After he checked his to AR-15 in 6.8 SPC. We went hunting. Didn't grt much to come in at first. But that's what's good about hunting with a friend it gives you time to talk about the old hunts from the past. And just have a good BS time. Then we made this one stand at a old pump jack. Man was it just right the sun was at our back. The little wind that there was,was in our face. I put the FoxPro in a bush about 50 yards away from us. We got set and turn on the caller. In less than 45 secs. we had a coyote come running in to the call. Before I could get the video cam up and on a hawk came in as well at the same time to the caller. Both he and the coyote were at the caller at the same time. The coyote started running off still looking at the call when my friend let go a 110 gr V-Max out of his AR. The coyote was hit at 56 yards in the side and floped around a little. Here is a pic. of that hunt.

Clint

FinsnFur

Holy Criminy, looks like he got hit with a 50cal at 200 yards. :laf:
Nice job.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

slagmaker

Don't look now but I think your coyotes got a hole in it.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

vvarmitr

Great hunt especially the part about BS'n w/ your buddy. :biggrin:

pitw

Definitely got a leak :hahaha:.  Great story and I really like your camo and I believe I have a few sets of that :laf:
I say what I think not think what I say.

vmaster59

SCcoyotehunter

msmith

Killing stuff is always sweeter when you have someone to share it with!

So...it's obvious that the 6.8 can put a dandy hole in a yote. Other than that, what's your thoughts on that cal.?
Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI

vmaster59

Hi,I'm not to found of it. For me it does not have the speed for the bullet to do the max job that the bullet is able to do. My friend likes it a lot. I think it is one of thosr love or hate deals. There is a lot of tech. stuff that I wont go into now.

Clint