• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Oops...it's flawed!

Started by Coulter, December 15, 2009, 07:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coulter

I guess I will have to put this one on my lanyard since the it has a minor flaw in it.  :nofgr: The flaw is visible in the picture below and it has nothing to do with any of the inclusions. But a flaw is a flaw so I will have to keep it :eyebrownod:

I have been wanting to get some open reeds done, but just can't seem to find the time to finish designing a toneboard so I finally broke down and ordered some from Yellerdog. I gotta say they sound absolutely awesome. Here is one of the first howlers I did...did I mention its flawed :wink:

Here is another I did for a customer in Michigan...coco w/ sapwood

FinsnFur

Yeah that flaw is ridiculous. I cant believe you even posted it. :rolleye:

I dunno..... :shrug: I like them. You do good work Steve, period   :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

timbertoes

bad ol flaw, your grounded mister, now get on my lanyard! 
:)

looks like maybe you need to make some flaws!!
Meet your adversary on a common ground of wits and skill.
Leave the E-caller at home with the video games.

HaMeR

I can fix that flaw Steve!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:  Ship it my way & I'll fix her up & get her shipped back your way RIGHT away my Friend!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:

:laf: :laf:  Dang nice call once again. At some point you deserve one of your own I suppose.  :iroll:

:eyebrownod: :eyebrownod:  Nice call!!
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Bopeye

A flaw like that is almost inexcusable.  :eyebrownod:

Better just send it to me then having to go through this kind of embarrassment.  :wink:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Silencer

you're going over the top with these imo, great work bro !!!!    I love em !!!

Coulter

I think I subconsciously make flaws in a call every now and then just so I can put it on my own lanyard. I didn't even realize this flaw existed until I showed the call to my wife. She was more than happy to point it out to me. When I told her I would have to keep it because of that her smile turned the other way :eyebrownod:

Anyway, thank you everybody. So has anybody actually found the flaw yet? I'll give you a hint. It is only visible in the first picture.

Steve

HaMeR

Yep. And I said I can fix it for you.  :eyebrow:

This would be a great giveaway contest!! "Name That Flaw" & win the call.  :laf: :laf:   

I doubt anybody else notices that crooked tone board anyhow.  :innocentwhistle:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

alscalls

I cant see the flaw.....so youll have to send it to me so I can look closer.....and then you will never see that flaw again.... :biggrin:

Nice job......I would hunt with those any day.
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

GunDog

:confused: Looks like it's at the very end of the throat there to the right ... Did I win it?   :shrug: :eyebrownod:

Very nice looking work!  :yoyo:

Hawks Feather

Quote from: Coulter on December 16, 2009, 05:50:57 AM
So has anybody actually found the flaw yet? I'll give you a hint. It is only visible in the first picture.

Yep, it is flash flare and it is visible in all of them.    :wink:

They really are nice looking calls and you deserve to have one - so keep it as a Christmas present to YOU from your wife.

Jerry

vvarmitr

You forgot the rookieaccent ring.  :biggrin:
Oops! :doh2: That's Brian the has the sig' rings
:roflmao:

Seriously, if you want to call it a flaw, you sanded into the softer inclusion on the end of the bell.
You can send it w/ the other call I'm getting from you. :eyebrow:

Coulter

Man, I used to like the rookie accent rings until that term was brought about. I haven't put one on a call in a long time :eyebrownod: Oh well.

Gundog...you certainly know how to play the game, but no you didn't win it. I can't have a flawed call running around out there...Besides on my own lanyard of course :wink: I think you and vvarmitr are referring to the same little spot at the exhaust end where the inclusion dips in ever so slightly. That is it...you guys picked out the flaw. Now if you'll excuse me I need to go change calls on my lanyard :biggrin:

Crooked toneboard Glenn :confused: It doesn't sound crooked :wo:
Thanks Jerry...Merry Christmas to me :biggrin:

Steve

Yotehntr

I think it's very sharp... the inclusion...flaw? hmmm I think not. You ever see the natural edge stuff bowl turners do?  Great looking call!
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

Coulter

Yep, I love that stuff too. If this "flaw" was of a more natural cause with the jagged edges and such I wouldn't hesitate to reconsider it as a flaw. It was hard enough to work around the inclusions on this call as it was. I'm not giving up my excuse to hang this one on my own lanyard :nofgr: Thank you though.

Steve

John_NY

Nice looking calls. You sure do a great job on them. The finish looks great.

John
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Yotehntr

:roflmao:  Can't say as I blame ya!  :wink:
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

HaMeR

:nofgr:  That aint no flaw. That's just the character in the wood. But it was good to play the game to finally get one of your own calls.   :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11