• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Lake Hartwell, South Carolina 12-26-09

Started by SCcoyotehunter, December 26, 2009, 06:56:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCcoyotehunter

Did a little bit of spoon feeding today. We were looking fo striped bass but we were not so lucky. We caught some small ones. Hartwell has no size limit so we took a few small ones for supper. We also caught two nice largemouth bass and the rest of these are white perch.

We use jigging spoons and silver buddies and vertical jig. It alot of fun. caught these in 25-40 ft of water..

Heard of a 34 lber caught last week here on a jigging spoon, I was looking for one of those guys!

golfertrout

niceeeeeeeeeeee. ive fished murray and santee cooper lakes but not hartwell and montecello lake

pitw

I take it those weren't caught through the ice eh.  Glad you got oot :biggrin:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

Them'll make nice fryers.
I've been hankering for some fresh fried fish. In fact my lazer auger WILL be hitting the ice B4 NewYears. Thanks for the motivation :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

centerfire_223

I got a striper out of Hartwell a few years back that weighed 40 lbs. We were fishing a bass tournament when they came up schooling, we were at the mouth of Seneca creek. Right across from the boat ramp. Good fishing in there, you may want to give it a try, if you haven't before.

You got some good eating there, when did you say the fish fry was? I missed that.  :biggrin:
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

SCcoyotehunter

I was hoping for tonight but look like the wife has made other plans so i think these are going to go to the freezer until further notice.
Hartwell has some monster stripers if your lucky enough to get hooked up then you have to keep them out of the trees below. Last year a buddy of mine got spooled then wrapped in the trees, we never saw the fish.