• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Stormy Day Coyote

Started by JohnP, December 08, 2009, 01:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

We had a heck of a storm last night rain and winds with gust up to 75mph.  This morning we had a lot of damage to some of our trees, limbs all over the place.  Temps down into the mid 20's and a very light rain.  Put on my winter coveralls, watch cap and headed out the door.  Wife said "Can't believe your starting to clean up without your coffee."  I said:  "Clean up hell, I'm going calling, after last nights storm critters will be moving.

I got this guy to come in on the first stand, barely enough time to snap a picture then the sky opened up again.  Another heavy male.  Sat in the truck for a bit and the rain never let up, plus the washes start to run.  Thought I had better head for home. 

When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Todd Rahm

Is that the prime fur for your area John?

pssssssst! You better clean too.  :biggrin:

GunDog

Cograts Mr John on the yote. Ya make it seem wayyy to easy. Love your camo pattern too ... :eyebrownod:

JohnP

He ain't quite prime yet Todd but he ain't gonna get much better.  He may fetch upwards of five dollars, maybe even less.  Hardly worth the efforts anymore.  I can remeber back in the early 70's when we were getting 75 to 100 for our desert coyotes and you guys in the north and midwest considerably more. 

Hey GunDog I was going to wear my MossyOak Coveralls with my MossyOak cap and MosyOak GoreTex Boots but they ain't sent me my royalty check yet, so I decided to just wing it.  Maybe I can get on the Walls Pro-Staff.  Cammo - I wear it but only because my kids and wife buy it, just as soon wear Wranglers and a good heavy shirt. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

golfertrout

good one John :congrats: die hard hunter you are :biggrin:

alscalls

My kinda camo John!!!!!!   Glad your having fun.      :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

pitw

John you are making me feel like a wussy :pout:.  Nice looking coyote and if'n you find your way up here with that camo you can slop the hogs and milk the cow :biggrin:.  I ain't got no camo except for winter time use.
I say what I think not think what I say.

LBLDOG

Congrats John on another kill , thats awesome you can wackem without full camo on :yoyo:

GunDog

:roflmao:  @  Mr John.   :eyebrownod:

Congrats again sir  :yoyo:...

BigB

Looks like some beautiful country there.  Congrats on the nice looking yote!

Brian
hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

KySongDog

Another nice one!   :congrats:   I think you ought to write a book on how you hunt these varmints.   ;yes;   I'd buy it. 

FinsnFur

That exact storm left Arizona, headed Northeast and is hovering over my house right now after dumping almost a foot of snow.

Thats a big yote :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!