• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

4rth Place at local hunt...

Started by Smith, January 08, 2007, 06:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smith

My brother in law and I spent the weekend calling coyotes for the contest. It started Friday night and we had to check in by 4 pm on Sunday. Friday night we just spotlighted a little though our ranch and  shot 3 of the 6 porcupines we seen. We got up early Saturday and made 5 stands before a 35 mph winds started in :argh:. We had a pair come in and bust us , with no shots fired at them. We had another coyote hang up at 500 so we let him be as well.

Sunday Morning was still pretty wind but we were hell bent on getting something called up. At 12:30 pm we called in a little female on distress sound :highclap:. We had time for a couple more stands so we busted our butts making them. At 2 pm we called in a big mangey female right by our house. We made 1 more after that but nothing.

I did have a problem with my caller, bad on/off switch :shrug:. I had to override the switch and just unplug the battery line to it. But even with that, well worth the money :yoyo:!

This makes 3 dead with my new caller and around 22 coyotes for the year. Here ara a couple pics with just me and our game...

Just the coyotes and porcupines...
Right thing easy, wrong thing hard...

Smith

I forgot to add that only 2 teams with 3 coyotes, they split the tie by heaviest coyote that you shot. There were 6 team that had 2  coyotes. We had the second heaviest out of those 6 teams. We won 150 $ :highclap:.

Lucas

DirtyDog

keekee

FinsnFur

We don't have any porcupines where I hang my hat. Mannnnnn those things look cool  :yoyo:
I've only seen cartoon versions, and Marty Steofler versions...and I've never seen the two tone deal you got going on there.

Very Nice
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bob D

That's the way to go Smith. Congrats on your placement.  So you like that WT caller huh? I've hunted with a friend who has one and he has been very successful on a regular basis.
Bob

stevecriner

I was wondering where you went sunday. You went where the coyotes were,and sent us to the shot up back fourty!!!! :wo:
Anyway thanks for the hunting ground,had a good time,steve
" I love coyote huntin",and the folks that learned me the way"

Hunters Specialties
"For Sportsman, by Sportsman"

Smith

I was quite surprised that we called these in Steve. I was sure wishin you and Shaw would have been with us! I feel bad that you guys didn't get anything, I should have been a better host :shrug:. I really hope you guys had fun and I hope to see you guys again.
Thanks guys for your comments!

Lucas

stevecriner

Thanks for showin us around Lucas. We had a good time. Dont hurt to get skunked every know and again. Makes you tough you know. Puts hair on your chest,lol.
" I love coyote huntin",and the folks that learned me the way"

Hunters Specialties
"For Sportsman, by Sportsman"