• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

This is mine......

Started by coyote101, February 09, 2010, 10:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

.... and I can't begin to express how proud and grateful I am. Barry (pitw) gave it to me at LBL. As nice as the picture is, it does not begin to do justice to the beauty of this call. HuntnCarve Dave's work is absolutely incredible.

My first instinct is to leave it on the stand and admire it for the work of art that it is. But that's not what Barry would do, and out of respect for him I will take to the field with me and use it. Maybe only once, but it will be used. 

Thank you Barry,

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

pitw

You are most welcome Pat.   You were a huge part of my LBL experience and I'd like to thank you for not beating, mangling or other such maneuvers for being the sloppy fool I am :doh2:.  We will meet again with any amount of luck at all.
Barry
I say what I think not think what I say.

Bills Custom Calls

http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

FinsnFur

Barry's got his own unique way of letting certain people know that things do not go unnoticed or unappreciated. :wink: And he's pretty good at it.

:yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

kyfuzzyface

Fuzzy

HuntnCarve

It's folks like Barry that make this world a better place.  Heck, there's alot of folks like that.  Funny thing I've noticed is that they all seem to hang out here?  Hope that howler brings you some joy Pat.  Years on down the road from now you'll be able to tell folks about the man up North across the border, that befriended you, and gave it to you as a gift.  -It's already gathering up some memories...

Dave

KySongDog

I saw that call in person and I agree with Pat.  The pic does not do it justice.   :congrats:

golfertrout

beutiful call for sure and it could not go to a better guy then Pat :yoyo: good meeting you Pat it was a pleasure :wink:

Jimmie in Ky

I would have to say that I hope they didn't break the mold when htey made Barry.

Beautiful call Dave.  Enjoy that piece well Pat. She shoudl get at least one brought in before she hangs up on hte shelf. Jimmie

FOsteology

Quote from: FinsnFur on February 10, 2010, 05:28:45 AM
Barry's got his own unique way of letting certain people know that things do not go unnoticed or unappreciated. :wink: And he's pretty good at it.

:yoyo:

+1

HaMeR

Dang nice of Barry to do that Pat.

QuoteIt's folks like Barry that make this world a better place.  Heck, there's alot of folks like that.  Funny thing I've noticed is that they all seem to hang out here?
:yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

shaddragger

:bowingsmilie: That is some awesome carving on a magnificent call! I couldn't bear to risk harming a prized possessiion like that in the field.
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

pitw

Quote from: shaddragger on February 11, 2010, 09:05:40 PM
:bowingsmilie: That is some awesome carving on a magnificent call! I couldn't bear to risk harming a prized possessiion like that in the field.

You take a gun out don't you?  Same thing with a call.

shaddragger

No offense intended pitw. I am ruled by Murphy's Law- if anything can go wrong it often does.
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

pitw

Quote from: shaddragger on February 12, 2010, 09:12:20 PM
No offense intended pitw. I am ruled by Murphy's Law- if anything can go wrong it often does.

I wasn't offended in the slightest and apologize for making it sound that way.  Me and Murph go a way back  :doh2:.  I was hunting with some fellers up North once and one guy from Holland put his gun in the corner with ours.  I got to looking at it and it had diamonds and gold inlay :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie:.  He said it was just a gun and ever since then I figured that any equipment made for a job should be used for that job.

Huntinfool

That is some beautiful work and a great keepsake and gift!

Shad I'd take it in the field but I'd make a padded case for it! And treat it like the jewell it is!

~HF~
Yesterday is Wood
Tomorrow is Ashes
Only Today Does the
Fire Burn Brightly

Romans 8:28

Montani Semper Liberi --- ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛÎ'Î'Ε