• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Videos for you Motorcyclists out there

Started by Posiedon, January 14, 2007, 04:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Posiedon

My Dad(Frye) and Brother both went to ride the snake in Tennessee this past summer, my brother strapped a camera to the back of his bike. I just got ahold of the tape and this is what we came up with so they could share it on there bike forum.

Part 1
http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-9118341069831789809&hl=en

Part 2
http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-108486341858147878&hl=en

Here they are so they are not full screen
P1

P2

Roundman

What part of Tennessee is this? A few years back I rode the Dragons back a few times. I only had one wreck..thank goodness. A lot of turns and a fast bike makes for some fun. I stopped riding some time back I found out even at the age of 30+ I was still to immature to have a motorcycle.

slagmaker

heres a pic of my bike at the BOOGIE, a biker party that we have here in Indiana
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Todd Rahm

Nice bike Slag..............looks like ya had a wet time. Did the tent leak?  :biggrin:

slagmaker

not that tent. never leaked yet anyway.

Yeah it rains dang near every year at the BOOGIE at least once. Makes for the women walking around naked more interesting. Mud wrestling everywhere you turn.

I will have to find pics of the other bikes in my heard.

nailbender

That's great Slagmaker,  we finally get some decent snow and you go and get me missing summer! :laf:   Heres a pic of my old shovel---------

Great video!

Posiedon

I am not sure exactly where the Snake is in TN, but I know it is near the dragon.  They road the dragon also, but the camera batteries had went dead.  When they got the hotel near the VRCC meet they weren't informed that the Snake and Dragon was 2.5 hours away....LOL...Next time I bet they look at a map.

Slag, forget the bikes I want to see the wrestling. :yoyo:

slagmaker

I have tons of pics from the BOOGIE over the years, been gpoing for close to 15 years. BUT this is a family sight so I will have to be selective in any of those pics I post. Let me look and see if I can get my scanner going and I will post a few of the more PG rated pics.

I have always wanted to ride the dragon, I have several friends that have and I get jellious every time they talk about it. I was getting ready to leave last year when I blew the front head gasket on my Electra glide. Talk about a trip ender. OH well theres always next season.

nice shovel nailbender

KySongDog

Talking about biker parties, I've been to a bunch of 'em over the years including the Boogie in Indiana and Little Sturgis here in KY.  But the best one I've seen is the four day Summer Twister at Birnamwood, Wisconsin put on by the Viet Nam Vets MC at the end of July.  For one admission price you get all the FREE BEER you can drink, 9 great bands, vendors, a chance to win $10,000 cash and there is a huge free meal on Saturday.  Lots and lots of biker babes too.    :biggrin:

Semp

slagmaker

When did you go to the BOOGIE Semp?

just wondering if you went when it was at Beanblossom or if you were at the new property. Man I miss the old BOOGIE sight at Beanblossom.

KySongDog

I missed the Beanblossom site.  I went to the first year at the new property.  The Boogie was always on the same weekend as Little Sturgis so I usually went there. Had a great time at the Boogie though.  ABATE does a good job with it.  There was a lot of things to see and do.   :wink:

slagmaker

the BOOGIE has gotten tooooooo big for my tastes but it is still a good time. the new property is just to big to walk around and the shuttles are always to packed to hitch a ride. Dont like riding the scooter once I get there, what with all the mud and dust

Thinking about going to little Sturgis this year jsut for a change. BUT I may just save my money and spend the extra time at Sturgis SD. Havnt made up my mind yet.

If I go to the sturgis rally I would ba able to do some PD hunting. so that  is a major deciding point for me.

KySongDog

Amen to that.  All of the rallies have turned into RV and motorhome events.  The VNV MC Twister is still pretty much bikes with some RV's.  About 5,000 attended last year I think.  Little Sturgis had 22,000 I heard.  Too big for me.

slagmaker

Yeah the biggest complaint about the BOOGIE and other parties like that is the parking situations. Only thing I can say is D**M it they are MOTORCYCLE events. If you dont want parking problems RIDE to the event.

nailbender

That Twister party sounds pretty good Semp. 5000  is about the limit in my opinion anymore. For me anyway,, the freedom rally here in Iowa used to be fun until it got so big.
  What part of Wisc. is that in? May have to check it out next year.

KySongDog

nailbender

The Twister is held annually at the Wildlife Campgrounds just west of Birnamwood on the last weekend of July.  Birnamwood is a little east of Wausau, WI. Here is the Vets website  http://www.vnvmc-wi.org/index.htm

They don't have the flyer up yet for this year but you can click on Twister pics to get a feel for the event.  This will be the 23rd year for it I think.

Semp

slagmaker

Sounds like something I should be looking into. Always in the mood to try someone elses party. Especially if it isnt tooooo big. I really am starting to hate the bigger parties. Way too many problems that go along with the major events like that.

I remember when the BOOGIE was just 2,000 people and that was when it was a REAL good time. Last years BOOGIE was over 14,000 I think.

nailbender

thanks for the link Semp.  Might have to check it out this year!  Only 466 miles.

BigB

I don't mind bigger biker parties.  Usually means more "sights" to see.  Last year I went to Little Sturgis, Iowa ABATE, Kansas ABATE, and big Sturgis.  I have heard good things about Boogie, and maybe I will have to head over there this year.  Been wanting to check out Hog Rock, Illinois ABATE and Conesville IA also.  Anybody been to Hog Rock or Conesville?

Nice bikes slagmaker and nailbender  :yoyo:

Heres a pic of my rides.  Good thing the wife pays most of the bills.   :biggrin:

hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

nailbender

My kid want's me to hit Conesville ,, supposed to be good.  Maybe this year.
   About had my fill of abate, they screw up more good parties than the weather.