• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Scouting and a Thanks

Started by Tikaani, February 05, 2010, 08:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tikaani

Work has been continuous this winter and pretty much has taken away my time afield.   Broke away and did some scouting eighty miles to the northeast in a valley I will more than likely be taking Scott (jahntr) for his fall moose hunt.  I have seen up to seven cows with calves and several bulls throughout this area but wanted to scout this particular valley as it looks very difficult to access in the summer and fall months.  While out wandering around I decided to break out a call that Dave (huntncarve) had made for me after the moose antler call that was auctioned off last year.  Two young lynx came in and I got a crack at one.  So Scott hope you like the scouting pictures and Dave, again thanks for the call.

Hunt hard, Die tired
John

Main valley, the start of the valley for the hunt is to the lower right.

Valley we will probably hunt

Adjacent valleys

Young lynx, thanks Dave
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

FinsnFur

Nothing like everything just coming together :biggrin:
Lynx are such interesting animals, and I love the fur.

How tall is the growth on those hill tops and sides? It's tough to gauge from the photos.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

alscalls

:yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :highclap: :highclap: :highclap:

Thanks for sharing that John........Man I wish I was there...... :eyebrownod:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

iahntr

Very nice John !  Looks good. Thanks for puttin em up.
Looks like a guy could wander around out there for a day or two.  :biggrin:
Congrats on the Lynx ! Very cool.
Checked to see when you were on last, saw it was a few days,
wondered if you were workin, or finally out playin a little.
Glad ya got out.
Scott

Hawks Feather

Great pictures and thanks for sharing them.  It sure looks peaceful, but I think that could change in the wisp of a blizzard.  Or as you call them, a light dusting.  Congrats on the kill.  How close (or far) did it come?

Jerry

Tikaani

Jerry, it was fifty yards with a 17 HMR.
Jim, they are black spruce and average fifteen to about forty feet, lower areas are willows.

John
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

GunDog

Magnificent photos John. I wished sometimes I'd been born in that part of the world. Congrats on the Lynx and thanks for sharing! 

Okanagan

Great photos of beautiful country.  Man I am envious that you got to call lynx.  Way to go!

Silencer

Beautiful, that 17hmr did a great job.  My bud just picked up the Savage thats all camo and I was kinda iffy on the small caliber.  There's proof it does the trick. 

Thanks for the great photos !!!

JohnP

Thanks for posting the pictures and the lynx.  That is some big country up there.  Brown bear in that part of the state?
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

vvarmitr

Ah, come on John! Isn't there more of a story on the Lynx than Toot, Lynx, Shoot, Pix?  :shrug:

Thanks for the pix too. You know we just eat those up! ;yes;

HuntnCarve

Pretty cool John!  Glad you could put that call to good use.  Hopefully it will serve you well in the future.  Thanks for the pictures and the story.

Dave

HaMeR

That's a nice looking Lynx!! Congratulations!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Frogman

John,

I always enjoy your stories and photos.  You live in such a wonderful place that is so very different from WV.  That makes the stories and photos a real treat!

Thanks!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

msmith

Love the stories and pix John!  :yoyo:
Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI

pitw

That there is as pretty a bunch of pics as you wanna see.  Them feet on the lynx always impress me with their size.  Thanks John.
I say what I think not think what I say.