• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Howdy, and a few starter questions......

Started by outlaw, January 13, 2007, 12:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nailbender

I don't see any reason why not.  Strap your rifle on you might kick one up. Not sure what's legal in S.D..  That is somethin you'll have to know.
   We had tracks today showing coyotes were present in the section but could not get a response,, just have to keep trying.
  I usually do the scouting from the road, if I think I know where they're hiding I'll return awhile later and sneak in for a setup. If you drive into the section you'll get their guard up.

outlaw

I was planning on just scouting and coming back a couple days later to hunt. 

QuoteStrap your rifle on you might kick one up. Not sure what's legal in S.D.

We always joke about the SD regs.  How you could drive around, gun loaded, sticking out the window and not get in trouble.  My favorite is the guys I have seen hunt the CRP, guys in back of the truck,  driving through the CRP shooting at pheasants. 

nailbender

Hell, I've seen that in Iowa!   :holdon: Of course they were only 10 miles from the border. I recognized the trucks,. I was surprised they didn't have log chains strung between. :shck: Thank God they hunt coyotes in SD.!  Truck hunters. :madd:

outlaw

With all the pheasants we have around here, is there such a thing as a pheasant distress call????

outlaw

We finally have some snow, and I have been doing some scouting.  I had a few places I wanted to ask permission.  Yesterday, I drove around the sections trying to see if anything was moving in and out of the area.  I couldnt find a thing except deer tracks. Is it possible they are just living within the section????  This spot is beautiful, but maybe there just isnt anything there.