• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Newly redesigned...

Started by Coulter, April 26, 2010, 04:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coulter

I had a good customer call for a a couple of crow calls recently and I hadn't made any in quite a while. I figured It was about time to change the design up a wee bit on the Corvus...I think it just looks to much like Jerry's (Hawks Feather). I like your calls Jerry, But I want mine to stand apart from everybody elses...Sooooo this is what I came up with -

This is the first one. It is made from Quina (Argentine Sandalwood)...It is okay, but not exactly what I was looking for.

I made the top bead a little thicker and left the bottom bead alone, I think this design is a keeper. My customer certainly approved of them both and was very pleased. They are Cocobolo w/ just a hint of sapwood in them. Both of these have been sold, they were a special order. :nofgr:

Oh and thanks again for the guts Bill :wink:

Steve

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Bills Custom Calls

Your welcome Steve

That coco sure makes them calls really stand right out there  :yoyo:  But I am a coco nut anyways
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

John_NY

Beautiful looking calls. The finish looks super.

John
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Yotehntr

:yoyo: Very sharp!  The finish looks great!
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

Coulter

Thanks guys...I have to get some more crow guts and get some more made up for some shows. I think these will go good. I may even have to make a new one for myself. :biggrin:

Steve

Hawks Feather

Steve,

I like the looks of that call and am sure that the sound is there as well.  It might look a little like Jerry's, (not a real good copy   :biggrin:)  but Jerry's looks like others, so it is all good.  About 5 or so years back there was one posted on PM that looked like one of my calls had been used on a duplicarver for the call posted.  I sent an email (with several pictures of my calls attached) and said that I didn't mind at all that his calls looked like mine, but I did want him to know that when he saw some of mine posted that I was not making a duplicate of his call. 

Jerry

Coulter

No....this isn't the one that thought looked a little like yours Jerry. This is the new one I designed because I thought my old style looked a bit too much like yours...not an exact copy, but very similar. I hear ya on the everybody's call has some similarities to somebody elses. I try my hardest to avoid that happening though. There are only som many ways to turn a piece of wood though. :eyebrownod:

Steve

Hawks Feather

Steve,

I didn't think this one or your prior ones looked to much like the ones I made so use whatever you like.  I keep thinking that I need to change the shape of my calls, but when I start turning they just end up shaped like the last one.  I even started one a year or so back that I was really going to change the shape of.   Kept turning away and all of a sudden realized that it was pretty close to the others and gave up trying.  I just found a few that I made shortly after I got started and they ARE a different shape.

Jerry

markTNhunter