• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

bob cats ok in TN during the lbl hunt

Started by ilcoyote, January 13, 2007, 04:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilcoyote

Bob cats are in season in TN during the LBL hunt right?? if so do we need a specail bobcat tag or lic if we deciede to hunt tn side this year.

CCP

Chet will know the right answer. I believe bobcats are still under the rimfire and # 4 shot rule. This is one of the reason we haven't taken any but have seen many. Iam sure Chet has posted it somewhere I will see if I cant find it.

GOOD to see you here! WELCOME!! cant wait to BS with ya at the LBL hunt this year.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

DGF

Bobcats and Foxs can not be taken using a E-caller.

Jimmie in Ky

Ilcoyote my man! So glad to see you here  :biggrin:

You can find all you need to know at http://www.lbl.org

Look under the hunting regs for small game. It gives you the bobcat requirements for both states in there. If I remember right alll you will need are the Tennessee liscense and a rimfire or shot gun with the correct load in it.

And I do expect to see you as soon as you get checked in my friend.

I need to go check that insanity thread over to PM and see how the idjit is doing. I am sure you know which one as well as I do. :eyebrownod: Jimmie

ilcoyote

Ok. Looks like we might head out wed night. Didnt know for sure if we would make it. That new reservation thing suck.  What is a E - caller?? We been busy working and and this wet, warm weather havent got to hunt much. Lance has told us about this site and who all over here. We are thinking about hunting Tn side this year. Try to get nikon nut to come but he is heading to globe.

DGF

Bobcats and foxs can not be taken with a electronic caller. only with a hand call or one you blow into.

Jimmie in Ky

DGF , Brian and Stan are not likley to be using e-callers. At the present time they don't believe in them. Brian howls with his voice much of the time and coyote vocalizations are all they use to hunt coyote. Jimmie

ilcoyote

I just had to do it Jim. I just found the LBL hunt thread. Looks like we need to say that we are coming?

coyotehunter_1

Hey Brian aka Ilcoyote…
Good to see you on board! :eyebrownod: 

You and Stan just as well forget about coyotes and bobcats on the Tennessee side….  Ain‘t none, no more!  :shck:
Those fellers in Ky have already called all of ‘em across the state line! :sad:  :shrug:

:biggrin:

------------------------------------------

Here’s a little Tennessee Bobcat info (in part) for those interested;

Season: Opens Nov. 17, 2006 closes Feb 15, 2007
Legal Hunting times: Daylight hours only

The bag limit on bobcats is one per day.
Bobcat pelts must be tagged with Tennessee U.S. Cities tags in order to be exported from the U.S. Contact the TWRA regional office for instructions.

Legal Firearms:
Shotguns loaded with #4 shot (bird shot) and smaller are legal for all small game hunting. Possession of shot larger than #4 shot (bird shot) is prohibited when hunting all wildlife except waterfowl, coyotes and beaver. In other words, don’t shoot a TN bobcat with anything bigger than #4 bird shot.
Rifles and handguns using rim-fire ammo and air rifles are legal for hunting all small game except migratory birds.
Rifles and handguns using center-fire ammo are legal for hunting beaver, bobcat, coyote, feral hogs, fox, groundhogs, and crows (except during deer, bear or boar seasons).
Rifles and handguns loaded with military or other full metal jacketed bullet are prohibited.
Muzzle loading firearms (rifles, handguns and shotguns) are legal.
Long bows, compound bows, crossbows and other bows drawn or held by a mechanical device.

Calls:
As per Tennessee Hunting and Trapping Guide (Aug 1, 2006-July 31, 2007):

The use or possession of predator calls while night hunting is prohibited.

Use or possession of electronic calls for FOX, TURKEY and WATERFOWL is prohibited.
Note* The above three (3) species are the only game animals listed as being restricted.  Source: http://www.state.tn.us/twra/huntmain.html

** Personal note: There are special restrictions and regulations that may apply on certain WMA’s and PHA’s but as far as the use of electronic calls being prohibited for calling bobcats in the Tennessee section of LBL… I have not found this info yet?   :confused:

*** Edited (1/24/07) to include:

LBL SMALL GAME & WATERFOWL HUNTING INFORMATION ( in part)
2006 - 2007
(Valid through July 31, 2007)
NEW FOR 2007

HUNTER USE PERMITS
An annual LBL Hunter Use Permit is required for all hunters, age 16 and older, in addition to a valid Kentucky or Tennessee hunting license for the state portion of LBL in which you are hunting. A combination Hunter Use Permit/Backcountry Camping Permit (age 18 and older) is also available. Hunter Use Permits are $20 and may be purchased by mail using the order form below. Permits may also be purchased at LBL welcome stations, the Golden Pond Visitor Center, or wherever Kentucky or Tennessee State hunting licenses are sold.
HUNTER SAFETY REQUIREMENTS
Hunters must possess a hunter safety card according to state regulations.

LEGAL WEAPONS FOR SMALL GAME HUNTING
Shotguns, rimfire rifles, rimfire handguns, muzzleloaders, and archery equipment according to state regulations with the following exceptions: the use of crossbows, in KY, centerfire rifles, centerfire handguns, and shotguns loaded with slugs or shot (lead and steel) larger than BB in the Kentucky portion or larger than No. 4 in the Tennessee portion is prohibited (except for coyotes in February-see regulations). Broadheads may not be used for small game hunting except for specified game during the deer archery season.

GENERAL REGULATIONS

Licensed motorized vehicles are permitted only on roads that are marked by numbered signs and corresponding numbers on the LBL Public Access Roads and Hunt Area Map. Other roads are maintained for administrative access or trails, but are not legal to drive on.
Unlicensed motorized vehicles, including four-wheelers, are allowed only on designated trails in the Turkey Bay Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) Area and require an OHV Permit.
Parking is permitted within 50 yards of a legal road. Blocking access to any road or trail is prohibited. Rutting of fields is prohibited.
Firearms transported in vehicles must be unloaded in both magazine and chamber.
Small game hunters are not required to check in or out before hunting, but must possess a valid LBL Hunter Use Permit and state hunting license.
Hunting is not allowed within 150 yards of any facility.
Wildlife refuges are closed to all hunting year-round and closed to human entry during the refuge period.
Hunters hunting on LBL all the way to the waters' edge, at any elevation of Kentucky Lake or Lake Barkley, must possess a valid LBL Hunter Use Permit.
Hunters possessing weapons who use LBL to access hunting opportunities off of LBL, (e.g. launch a boat from LBL or wade into the lake from the LBL shoreline) must possess a valid LBL Hunter Use Permit.
Small game hunting from horseback is permitted (except in conjunction with deer bow hunting).
Hunting dogs must have a current rabies vaccination and wear a collar showing owner's name, address, and phone number.
No species of wildlife may be molested or taken except those authorized.
Spotlighting or the use of any artificial lights to locate wildlife is prohibited.
Hunters must not be under the influence of controlled substances or alcoholic beverages.
All applicable state and federal regulations must be observed.
To protect the future of hunting, hunters are encouraged to be sensitive and courteous to other visitors.

FOX CHASING & HUNTING
Fox chasing is permitted south of U.S. Highway 68 only, from sunset to sunrise. Foxes (gray and red) may be harvested only during the specified hunting seasons during daylight hours in any open hunting area. Hand- or mouth-operated calling devices are permitted. Electronic calling devices for taking foxes are prohibited.

COYOTE
Coyotes may be taken during daylight hours in any open hunting season with weapons specified for that season. Hand, mouth, or electronic calling devices are permitted for taking coyotes. During the month of February, centerfire rifles and handguns may be used for coyote hunting.

BOBCAT
Kentucky
The bobcat hunting season is December 1 to January 31. All bobcats must be telechecked and tagged according to state regulations. The statewide daily and season limit is three bobcats per person, whether by hunting or trapping, including bobcats harvested on LBL. Bobcats may be hunted during daylight hours only. Legal weapons are those specified for small game hunting, or for deer archery hunting during the December - January bow season. Callers may use hand or mouth-operated calls only. Electronic calls are not permitted for bobcat hunting.

Tennessee
Bobcats may be taken on any big game or small game hunt that coincides with the statewide bobcat season by legally licensed and/or permitted hunters. Statewide regulations and limits apply.

Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

coyotehunter_1

DGF,

Welcome to FnF... pull up a chair and set a spale...  :biggrin:

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

coyotehunter_1

DGF

Guess I was wrong on the bobcats :shrug:. I have been hunting coyoties in LBL since 84 and the only down side is the small game hunters have a few times beaten me to my spots, They have helped with a lot of inf at times also.

coyotehunter_1

QuoteBobcats and foxs can not be taken with a electronic caller. only with a hand call or one you blow into.
QuoteGuess I was wrong on the bobcats

DGF, You were not wrong....
Electronic calls are not permitted for bobcat hunting in KY but in TN it seems they are permitted. :confused:
Both KY and TN do ban the use of electronic calls for fox hunting.  :shrug:

LBL regs can be complexed and at times confusing.  :rolleye:

:wink: