• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

More for the record.

Started by FinsnFur, April 23, 2010, 09:16:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

Still pretty cool water temps up here. Nothing but lil dicers hittin so far.
We had a big front come through so I figured if we could put ourselves on the water in the eye of it, we might land some.

Kyle caught a nice dogfish, or as some of ya call them, Bowfin.

Pint size, cant believe the lure fit in his mouth. Look it, the lure is bigger then he is :laf:

This sumbitch had some girth. I'd take a half a dozen of these.

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Todd Rahm

Hey they all eat the same.  :biggrin:

Now is that dogfish the same as an Eelpout/Burbot? If so they are great eating too.  :wink:

Hawks Feather

I don't think I would be interested in eating a Dogfish.  Only caught one and I cut the line on that one.

Jerry

Hidehunter

Looks like a fun day.  Grats on the catch.
Denver                                           

markTNhunter

Jimmie in Ky

Dogfish, Bowfin, grinnel, whatever name you call them are not related to eel pout or burbeu. They are a greasy meat like carp and are best consumed very early in the season and while hot. Once the water heats up they tastes more like mud .

But if you are into catch and release with a lake or stream full of them you have one heck of a fun hole for fishing. They prefer a fast moving white bait with a bit of size to it. Be prepared with a bunch of cheap spinner baits cause htey are tackle destroying rascals. Even a two pounder is one heck of a fighting machine on any tackle. Jimmie

FinsnFur

Yeah, we've caught more then our fair share of them around here Jimmie. And if you recall...we dont throw them back. They get their guts slit open and tossed into the woods for the turtles and coons. :biggrin:

We took off this afternoon after work to get some grocerys, and realized I left my wallet laying on the desk. :doh2:
I said to Kyle..."You got your pole, we got time for a couple casts since were here. I'm not driving back 30 minutes to get my wallet.
He had his pole in the back :eyebrownod:  He's learning.

Out fished me too in the short amount of time we had.

All I got was this measly popcorn chicken looking thing.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

GunDog

Sweet boss ... Some of them are fat little boogers too. Maybe you should recruit Al to help ya out on the bigger ones, grin.

Jimmie in Ky

It broke my heart when they dredged my local fun hole. I had been cathing them there for years and having a blast when alll I wanted to do was relaxe and have some fun. They ranged from one to ten pounds and were more fun than a barrel of Barry's. I haven't caught one there since they rerouted the creek channel. Jimmie