• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Tylers first call...

Started by Coulter, April 26, 2010, 04:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coulter

I know this should have been posted up many moons ago, but alas here it is. My son Tyler (8 years old) made his first call. A lot of you have asked to see it and here it is from the design to the finish...Oh it is made from Ivorywood...

Here is his own design plan...the "chosen" call. I'm not sure what the steaming pot was all about :confused:

On the lathe...

A little clean up with the shop vac...

And the owner of his first call...he decided he wanted to tag his with his initials "TS"

The close up...

Obviously I helped him out some, but I tried to keep his hands on way more than my own. Not bad for his first call, now its time to get him out and using it.  :eyebrow:

Steve

Bills Custom Calls

About Time  :laf:

I got the chance to see this call and Tyler even let me hold it for about 30 seconds as he kept a close eye on
me :sad3:  :laf:

I must say he done a job I would even be proud of
Nice job Tyler now remember what I told ya just let me know when it is done  :biggrin:

http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Hawks Feather

Tell Tyler that his first call looks GREAT.

Jerry

HuntnCarve

Way to go Tyler!  It all starts with a design.  Making it happen takes skill.  Looks like you got everything covered. :congrats:

John_NY

He made a nice looking call. Look at all the years of turning he has ahead of him.  Nice call Tyler.

John
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

iahntr

That's a beauty Tyler !
Super job  :yoyo:  :congrats:
Scott

pitw

I'm impressed  :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie:.  Lovely piece of work on the ivory.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Todd Rahm

Dang, thats perty good for an 8 year old. Heck, tell him thats perty good for any adult and is better in a lot of cases.  :congrats: But hey, he's got a good teacher, what can ya say?  :shrug:

Great job lil feller, now tell me where ya got that T-Shirt.  :biggrin:

FinsnFur

Very nice, not real surprising considering the teacher :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

GunDog

Yotehntr

:yoyo:  Great job Tyler!   :yoyo:
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

vvarmitr

markTNhunter

:highclap: :highclap: good job tyler nice call :congrats:

Coulter

I got the t-shirt at Awful Arthurs Oyster bar in Kill Devil Hills Outer Banks North Carolina. It was pretty weird but I didn't go to the bar. I just ate dinner there. Thank you for the compliments.  :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie:     I got the shirt for my 7th birthday. I don't know when I'm making another call. I still need another design idea. I have to help my dad mow the lawn tonight/today at after dinner. I am in the 3rd grade. I am almost 9. I have a dog who's fun to snuggle with. She is very cute and fat.

From,Tyler
                                                                                                                          :sleep:

Coulter

I figured I would let Tyler reply to this on his own...he wanted to write all about his life, but I held him back a bit :eyebrownod:

Steve

HaMeR

:doh2:  I missed this one!  :rolleye:

Nice looking call Tyler. I like the way you thought it out.  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

pitw

Tyler having a dog to snuggle with is a great thing :biggrin: and it won't be such a bad thing to test your calls on either :wink:.  Welcome to the board and I hope I here much more from you. :yoyo:
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

Quote from: Coulter on April 27, 2010, 04:24:27 PM
I got the t-shirt at Awful Arthurs Oyster bar in Kill Devil Hills Outer Banks North Carolina. It was pretty weird but I didn't go to the bar. I just ate dinner there. Thank you for the compliments.  :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie:     I got the shirt for my 7th birthday. I don't know when I'm making another call. I still need another design idea. I have to help my dad mow the lawn tonight/today at after dinner. I am in the 3rd grade. I am almost 9. I have a dog who's fun to snuggle with. She is very cute and fat.

From,Tyler
                                                                                                                          :sleep:

Ya gotta, I say ya just gotta love that,
Thanks for giving him the opportunity Steve
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

msmith

Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI

Coulter

It was a pleasure...I'm looking forward to getting him on the lathe again. :wink:

Steve