• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Sunday afternoon Coyote

Started by SCcoyotehunter, May 24, 2010, 11:32:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCcoyotehunter

Sunday afternoon, I was on here, reading posts around 8:30 pm. All the pics got me a little worked up so I left the house at about 8:35. By 8:57pm I put this guy on the ground.

I called him in using pup distress sounds. 25yds to the head, 22.250. DRT
31lb Male

KySongDog

Congratulations on another one, SC!   :congrats:

I think you've got how to whack and stack coyotes pretty well figured out.   ;yes;  

JohnP

:congrats:  Is thirty-one pounds about an average weight for your area?
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

HaMeR

That's a darn nice lookin dog for that far South & this time of year.  :yoyo:

:confused: Or was that his good side??  :innocentwhistle:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

SCcoyotehunter

That's about average weight, we"ve killed a few over 40lbs and one 45 lber.

CCP

Good quick job.  :yoyo: :yoyo:

Makes me want to go to SC.  :wo:

I don't do any night hunting, is this by natural light or other?? I recall you in another post referring to a coyote crossing in front of a street light and temporarily blinding you causing you to not make the shot. It kinda threw me off being in town by a street with a gun it may have given me the wrong impression?

I enjoy your stories and pic's and you keep them tasteful so keep it up and good hunting.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

cityslicker

Nice job! Now I want to get back out there.

FinsnFur

Dawg Hawg :laf:
:congrats: Nice job.
Reacted on a whim and put some fur down :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

vvarmitr

DAAAANNNGG!
Get a little worked up & go shoot a coyote like some of us would get thirsty & go to the 'frig for a beer. :rolleye:

:laf:

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

markTNhunter

shaddragger

:highclap: Sweet!! Nothing like getting in a quickie with a happy ending!
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

SCcoyotehunter

CCP,
I am sorry if I  sent the wrong message. We hunt late afternoon before dark. So usually by the time I get to take my pictures it is well after dark and it appears it is night time. The story you remember was at night, which is legal in SC but no artifical lights are allowed. So I was using a shotgun on a moonlit night and the street light was a long way (1/2-3/4 mile away) but shining bright through the trees across the pasture, enough to lose sight of the coyote in the halo ring of the light. I prefer daylight hours, I must have been really bored that night, but I almost got him.
The coyotes in this area are everywhere, they have moved in and spread into the suburbs and outskrts of town. The area where I live is all Old Peach country. Since the Peach Farming has been really tough over the last several years due to heavy frosts and drought, most farmers have sold pieces of their land for new subdivisions. There is still alot of old peach orchard and hayfields around with blocks of thick woods. These are the places these coyotes are holding and living in.

Here is a good example, you can see the peach trees, hay fields and within 3 iles of here are big huge neighborhoods.

With that said, I would be honored to take you with us on a hunt. Maybe the next time you head up to the LBL you could stop by Spartanburg, I am sure you probably drive right through here. Look me up ahead of time and we'll make it a date.

CCP

Thanks for the reply SCcoyotehunter. After rereading my post today I should have sent that to you in a PM or e-mail.

I like the way you use the Google shots in most of your post also. I think this helps us all get the big picture better.

I dont go through that area going to LBL but if I find myself going up that way I will surely give you and centerfire223 a shout.

Once again THANKS for sharing.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net