• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

June 8th coyote, Spartanburg, SC

Started by SCcoyotehunter, June 08, 2010, 07:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCcoyotehunter

I called this guy in on the 7th but for whatever reason he would not stay still long enough for a shot and then he disappeared into the woods. I was hunting a fresh cut hayfield, with hay still laying on the ground, drying. I knew this would be a great place. Today at lunch I decided to take my lunch break and go sit again in the same place, almost same exact set-up because I knew I wouldn't have much time. I walked out and set up the caller and the decoy and went back and started calling. The sun was blazing and high, and I did not feel hidden at all. I stayed about 10 minutes and immediately just started talking myself out of the hunt. I kept thinking you probably got busted yesterday what makes you think he's coming right back. After a few minutes I laid my gun down at my stool and walked down to pick up my caller and decoy, as I was walking back I looked down into the woods and noticed what looked like a dark shadow about 2ft tall. I didn't slow down or speed up I just eased toward my stool as if i didn't even see him. He was just sitting in there, feeling safe, and watching me, giving up. I walked back to my stool and picked up my sticks and rifle and eased back towards where the caller was. When I got to the opening he was still sitting there. I just smoothly all in one complete motion opened my sticks laid the gun on then and knelt and made the shot. He drop right there. Big Male.

Bills Custom Calls

http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Jeb

Good observation !  Congrats
              Jeb

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

jdbp

vvarmitr

You should be fined! :mad2:
Going back & calling from the same spot w/in the week is violation of the rules of predator hunting!  :nofgr:
You'll never make a coyote hunter at this rate.  :rolleye:

:laf:
Good job!  :congrats:
We're going to change you're name again to SCCS, for South Carolina Coyote Slayer. ;yes;

SCcoyotehunter

i know, at least I still have a rifle to hunt with too.

kyfuzzyface

Fuzzy

LBLDOG

Good Job, Did you sweat much? Very hot & humid in Ky

Teamroper

When you stop learning from everybody else you are going backwards.

There's nothing like roping, riding and shooting, but boy, my horse hates it!-Teamroper