• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

bowhunting yote's

Started by Tappen, September 07, 2010, 10:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tappen

I really want o get into bowhunting, and i was wondering if anyone here bowhunts predators? or if anyone here bow hunts at all?

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

Quote from: Tappen on September 07, 2010, 10:55:53 PM
I really want o get into bowhunting, and i was wondering if anyone here bowhunts predators? or if anyone here bow hunts at all?

Lots of us bowhunt.   As for predators, I have a hard enough time with a shotgun and a rifle.   :eyebrownod:

vvarmitr

There's a feller here that bow fishes & predator hunts w/ a bow if you consider an alligator a predator? :shrug:

vayotehowler

i bow hunt deer . tried to shoot some turkeys with a bow but they saw the fletching on my rrow move at 65 yds . the fletching is 3 or 4 inches long. coyotes it can be done but focus on being a master of that first with other prsuits and then go to the bow;. I woud rather kill a deer witha bow

Okanagan

You don't want to get started bowhunting for predators.  it is WAY more addictive than fly fishing.  

I lived and breathed bow hunting for coyotes and other predators for a few years.  Absolutely loved it, more than any hunting I've done, though I let it slide and haven't used a bow for years.  It is a magnum rush to call a coyote close and use an arrow.  I was a way better caller than bow shot, and missed a ton of critters inside of 20 yards, many inside of 10 yards and one within touching distance, though I didn't get the shot off till he was in afterburner and 30-40 feet away.  I finally killed a humongous old male as he left at a run at 17 yards, after he had approached inside of 15 feet and then bolted.

For coyotes and red fox I set up facing downwind in brush or cover so that the critter could not see me nor smell me anywhere but from an open slot downwind.  Things happen fast once the coyote enters that kill zone.    Bobcats sit around often and will let you take more than one shot at the same cat sometimes.  Again I liked thick cover because it is easier to call them close for a bow shot.  Cats will use game trails in really thick thick stuff, especially if it is thorny and too thick to get through.  Use such stuff like trapper guide sticks and set up to watch one or two trail entrances.    A cat wants to see you.  Give him an obvious spot to see the source of the call and set up to ambush him there.

You are picking up some bad habits, my boy, and need to find the path of sober industry before the influence of bad company gets a hold on you.

pitw

Quote from: Okanagan on September 08, 2010, 11:58:17 PM

You are picking up some bad habits my boy, and need to find the path of sober industry before the influence of bad company gets a hold on you.

:alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls:  tis the truth too.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Tappen

Quote from: pitw on September 09, 2010, 05:07:14 AM

You are picking up some bad habits my boy, and need to find the path of sober industry before the influence of bad company gets a hold on you.

Im not sure i understand?  :wo: :wo:

pitw

Quote from: Tappen on September 09, 2010, 05:45:57 PM
Quote from: pitw on September 09, 2010, 05:07:14 AM

Im not sure i understand?  :wo: :wo:

You will lad, trust me on this but some day you will :readthis:
I say what I think not think what I say.