• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

My day yesterday.

Started by pitw, August 11, 2010, 08:28:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

The day got off to a good start and got nothing but better as the day went on :wink:.   I told Semp in a pm how my day started so I guess seeing as it was my pm I can copy from it so you will all know how it started.
I had to take my Nissan in for new tires as they wore out on me and I met a RCMP half ton just before the corner to the tire shop.  I even waved at the varmint[he waved back] but he must have noticed I was missing a seatbelt cause he turned on a bunch of flashing lights.  So I did what any reasonably smart man would do and gave 'er around the corner and down to the tire shop.  I was out and in the shop when he got turned around and down to where I was.  He comes in the shop and ask's who was driving the green truck, I stepped up and said "me",  "why?".  He said "you were not wearing a seat belt".  I asked the five guys there if I had it on when I showed up and they all nodded.  The young varmint [to give him his due] said, "I guess I was mistaken but in the future you should make it more visible" :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls:.
  We were headed out after that to go spray chem fallow for a customer when another one called us with a problem :sad:.  Seems his "new" sprayer had let him down again[second time I had to rescue him on this field :biggrin:].

It should have looked more like this side.

So we had to do this fella's work first as the chemical can break down in the emulsion and our other customer understands the problem :whew:.  Mandy sprayed this field and another 320acre field for him.  The guy assured her this would be the last time we rescue him from this particular machine       :laugh2:

Driving across the field back to the road after getting her hooked up and sucking from his tank I almost ran over this fellow.

Then it was into town to see how my "baby was doing in the hospital.

She's coming along fine and with Jim doctoring her she'll be better than new by this afternoon :biggrin:.

I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

Looks like a pretty eventful day, and possibly an expensive one.
Wait till the young varmint reads your confession on the website :sick2:

Sounds about like my day Monday. Blew the transmission out of my Windstar, and every mechanic I call tells me to junk it.  :madd:
By the way, anyone got a decent Schwinn for sale? :doh2:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

You haven't priced a Schwinn lately have you?  What you want to look for is one of the Sting Rays that is in really good condition.  I never had one, but wish I would have bought a couple dozen and put them in the garage.  I would be living the high life and not the Miller high life.

Jerry

HaMeR

I don't have a Schwinn Jim but I did replace the 3 missing motor mount bolts on my rider so now it'll achieve that 6-8mph!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:  It even has cruise control.  :biggrin:  Make you a smokin deal on it too just cause I can ya know!!  :laf: :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11