• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Fishing[kinda/sorta]

Started by pitw, August 11, 2010, 10:51:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

Most [or some] of you know I was fishing [kinda/sorta] last weekend and I thought I'd show some pics of the experience.  We were not on a house boat this time as Jim had said but in a cabin that had a toilet, kitchen, door[that was a bonus :biggrin:], fire pit and an outside toilet for a neighbor that gave me many  :alscalls: :alscalls:.  Before we left the kids [Mandy, Bob and Don] had to put this on the boat for more ease of access for them[They wanted it so I bought it and they installed it].

On the 3 hour drive to the lake we passed this family and had to stop for a pic.

They were a mite shy.

Bob, Don and I got to the lake by 1pm and by 2pm and three cast's later Don had his first ever Walleye :yoyo:

After a long time fishing in the blazing heat.

about 27 minutes the boys thought they should play football. :doh2:

Then the wife and Mandy showed up so I had another spotter in the boat so we could do this nonsense[I burnt up 140 litres of petrol and it sure wasn't all in fishing] :nofgr:

She had good air time before we found her like this.

This fella even applauded her dismount.

This rodent was just getting the [L] out of the dodge ball game.

And thus the day ended.

Next morning started off with a splash too.

A 10lb 36" Pike tried stealing my little pickerel jig.

Even the wife got in the action and Don was using my new Birthday present from the Dog dropper to help her.

Then it was off to the cleaning table to prepare supper.

Before we went out and Bob tried using this "50" year old knee board :doh2:

He made her up on his first try and his grin was enough to make the heaviest heart see light :yoyo: :yoyo:

Then just to show that I ain't much of a fisherman an older couple :innocentwhistle: in a rental boat came in with this fella.

He was 18lbs and a dang nice fish.
I'll probably tell some stories of what went on up there to keep me amused later but I got to go to Edmonton today so Bob can be with his baseball to team to watch the Edmonton Capitals play a game at 7pm[Wilma, Don and I are going to watch too :biggrin:].  Oh yeah in case you never heard of this team some of you might like their old manager.       http://www.queerty.com/calling-gay-umpire-fing-faggot-wont-get-him-to-side-with-edmonton-capitals-manager-brent-bowers-20100807/

Then we spend a day with the boys Grand parents :whew:.

And CCP if I find anything in my pictures like extra fingers I'll be forced to show you how much the surgery costs to remove a computer from your anus :readthis:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

KySongDog

It looks like everyone had a great time.  :congrats:    I see you strategically placed yourself in the pic with the fish.   :biggrin:   But the hat was a dead give-away.   :laf:

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Bills Custom Calls

Thanks for sharing the pics
looks like wonderful time
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Silencer

Great pics Barry, but thats a tad bit cold for swimming  :laf:  at least down here lol..

JohnP

That looks like fun.  Next time you go how about an invite to some of us retirees.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

FinsnFur

Jumpin in the lake at 60 degrees F.. :loco:

The whole day looks fun to me except that part :nono: Nice pike to boot. :yoyo:

Oh, when is Rich's surgery scheduled? :alscalls: :alscalls:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyote101

Nice fish Barry. Looks like a great time with the family. A bit chilly for swimming in my book, but it appears the kids didn't mind. Thanks for sharing.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

iahntr

Very nice Barry  :yoyo:
Enjoyed it, Thanks  :congrats:
Scott