• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Tacticooled the .22

Started by nastygunz, February 07, 2011, 03:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

I took my faithful excellent shooting Remington 597 .22 and decided to go tactical with it and dropped it into an Archangel kit..I like the look and it handles nice and I like the rails as I have been wanting to drop a light on it for coon hunting at night. I paid $113.00 for the kit through Amazon, free shipping. I found the kit to be well made and rugged and put together easily, just have a good assortment of screwdrivers and allen wrenches, took me about an hour and that was taking my time in no hurry and also has good instructions:

Before:

After:

Jeb

Now thats definitely Tacticool !!  :highclap: :highclap: I cheated and bought a S&W MP15-22. My youngest son has a Ruger 10/22 and Ive been thinking about picking up one these kits you have here. Can you get hi capacity mags for that 597 ?
                             Jeb  :biggrin:

iahntr

That is pretty cool. Went to a pretty good sized gun show a couple weeks ago,
saw a lot of the "AR style" .22's.
Scott

nastygunz

Jeb you can get 30 round magazines for the 597, Cabelas  sells them for one place...Rimfirecentral.com has a whole sub-forum on the 597..yeah lots of ar22 rigs out..I have had my 597 for a long time and when I saw the Archangel for a pretty low price I figured Id go for it...I really like the look and how it handles...have to get her out and re-sight her in now and see how it shoots...it was a tack driver before..now the barrel is free floated.it also has a latched door in the bottom of the pistol grip you can open and use for storage...I put a bunch of ammo in a choke tube holder and put it in there..and I think there is storage in the end of the butt plate also...I also like that stamped on the side it says MADE IN THE USA  :yoyo: