• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Thanks Weedwalker

Started by FinsnFur, October 22, 2010, 07:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

...for posting that 6 pounder and coaxing me into one more fishing outting. :eyebrownod:

I made it a point to head down tonight, everyone at work was saying the flood waters dropping slow bass are hitting etc, yada yada.
Bass dont normally hit real good up here this time of year. They typically go into a lazy dormant cycle with the cold water etc, but the pike sure cut loose.

The first one I jerked out was an awesome whopper. I thought to myself.....whoooooo boy if this is whats gonna be hitting, it's gonna be a loooooog night. :yoyo:

I couldn't figure out where to set the dang camera so I could set the timer to take a pic of me :laf: I set it on the bumper and then obviously got too far away from it :doh2:

This next pic is the same fish as the one in the first pic. I had to get a closer on of him. He had some wild black stripes on his tail. What'ya think Weed?... 9-10lbs :innocentwhistle:

The rest of them here all came within the next 40 minutes. It was crazy for this time of year. And nothing little either.

40 minutes later party was over. :sad:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyote101

Nice looking fish there Jim.  :highclap: :highclap: Did you keep any or did they all go back?

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Todd Rahm

Yes, nice haul ya had there.  :congrats:

Bills Custom Calls

Good Job Jim glad to see ya had a great time  :yoyo: :yoyo:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Hawks Feather

That looks like a really good time.  Sun and fish, what more could a man want? 

Jerry

slagmaker

Cool! That looks like some good fishing there. Glad ya could get out and cast a few
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

CCP

Nice fishes there Jim..

Ed has inspired me to do a few things through the years of knowing him.........
also.....

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

FinsnFur

They all went back Pat.
I came close to haulin a couple home to fry up, but was having so much fun haulin em in, I just wanted to keep cycling through them. :laf:

I havent kept many this year at all. Usually my freezers 1/4 full of fish fillets this time of year. Now the kids yell at me for not keeping them :shrug:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

weedwalker

I'm glad I inspired you to make that trip Jim.  :biggrin: It looks like you had one great day.  :yoyo: I'd say that 1st one would go 9.5 easy. :innocentwhistle: Some nice fish for sure. Any certain pattern to them or was you trying it all?

weedwalker

Quote from: CCP on October 22, 2010, 08:23:38 PM
Nice fishes there Jim..

also.....

Dang Richard, I didn't really want everybody to know that.  :holdon:

KySongDog

Quote from: CCP on October 22, 2010, 08:23:38 PM

also.....

So that's where the gas station holdup idea came from.   :wo:

BTW, nice fish Jim!! 

pitw

Them do look nice.  The weather looks great and I guess there is only the one iffy looking thing there :innocentwhistle:.  Glad you got out again to show us the pics :yoyo:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

Quote from: weedwalker on October 22, 2010, 08:51:05 PM
Any certain pattern to them or was you trying it all?

No there was a pattern to it. It's kinda funny you ask cause last weekend when I was squirrel hunting I could hear voices over the edge of this wooded cliff I like to hunt. The only way to that side of the cliff is via the river, so I knew someone was down there fishing.
I crawled to the edge and laid there watching these two guys below me in a boat haul a nice bass out every two or three minutes, working that shoreline which was straight down banks and very deep water.
The only thing I could come up with for the bass holding up there was that it was a South facing bank (warmer) and the straight down edge was offering something with the water being flooded. Bugs, grubs, etc  :shrug:

It would be impossible to fish that shore from the water and I dont own a boat, so I headed to a few similar spots thinking thats what these bass wanted.

They were no where near that kind of stuff last night. They were in 3 to 4 feet of water working the weedbeds. Which as you know is very typical.
I started using a white skirted spinner, and switched to a black skirt, and it didn't make a difference. Cranking it fast enough to keep it atop the weeds and bouncing the rod to give er a lil authenticated swim and all {L} was breaking loose. :biggrin:

10 yards either direction where the water opened up from the weeds, I couldn't get a bump, hit, or swirl to save my life. Not on top, not suspended, not on the bottom.
They wanted that shallow weedbed.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

iahntr

Ya gotta like it when ya think you're done, and ya go out and smack a few more.  :yoyo:
Scott

Dave

Nice day fishing.  Never used spinner baits, but think I need to get a few as most of the fish you post have one of them stuck to their lip.  :confused: