• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

KY regs changed on buckshot

Started by KySongDog, November 29, 2010, 10:51:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KySongDog

Kentucky recently approved the use of buckshot for furbearer hunting state wide.   

As for the LBL, they have their own set of regs and do not allow buckshot.    Hopefully they will align with the state regs in the near future. 

weedwalker

:confused: Just wondering where you've seen or heard this. The KDFW web page still has buckshot listed as illegal. :wo:

KySongDog

I sent an email to KDFWR and asked them.   

They replied that buckshot was now legal for all furbearers in KY.   The web page has not been updated. 

PM me your email address, Ed and I will forward the email to you.

Jimmie in Ky

Yep we been rattling this one around on hte general hunting forum at Ky hunting. Css archer told us it was so and we saw the regulation proposal as well. It supposedly came into affect november one this year. Now for a little number 3 and 4 buck for the county  :biggrin:  :eyebrow: Jimmie

Bopeye

Tried to register on Kentucky Hunting Forums. It said that Admin. had disabled registering. What do I do now?

Sorry about hijacking the thread.
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

KySongDog

Your PMS reputation is following you on the net, Bop.    :alscalls:

I'll ask over there and see what's up.   :wink:

KySongDog

Hey Bop

I got this from one of the moderators on KY hunting when I asked about the registration being disabled:

QuoteI would imagine temporary with an unknown restart date.

That was done because we were being invaded by foul mouthed anti's a week or so ago.

So it might be a  little while before you can sign up.

Bopeye

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

weedwalker

I got this e-mail from KDFW........................................

Mr. Lay,

Thank you for your question. The use of buckshot in the state of Kentucky is illegal for coyotes and furbearers.

I hope this clears up any misconceptions or misunderstandings.

Thank you again,

Robert (Bo) Spencer

KY Dept. Fish and Wildlife

Information Center

1-800-858-1549, Ext. 4557

robert.spencer@ky.gov

KySongDog

Looks like one hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing in Frankfort.   :eyebrownod:

According to Ms. Laura Patton buckshot is legal.   She is the contact person for furbearers and trapping at KDFWR.

http://fw.ky.gov/navigation.aspx?cid=667&navpath=C665

Ms Patton and Mr. Spencer should set down over a cup of coffee and figure out what the Department's position is.    :eyebrownod:

Jimmie in Ky

It's official . I aint a buying until I see it in print for the general public. Jimmie

weedwalker

Start stocking up Jimmie. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Mr. Lay,

I spoke again with Capt. Teague and Major Larry Estes.  Upon an additional review, there was some changes made to the KAR, and this became legal effective 11-4-10.

So, the final word on your question, yes it is legal to use buckshot for coyotes and furbearers in the state.

Thank you again for writing us, and I hope that we have finally got everyone on the same page with this issue.

Thank you again,

Robert (Bo) Spencer

KY Dept. Fish and Wildlife

Information Center

1-800-858-1549, Ext. 4557

robert.spencer@ky.gov