• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

h &k 416

Started by vayotehowler, December 16, 2010, 10:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vayotehowler

I recently watched a show on the history channel about the history of the black rifle. they were talking about the new h&k 416 ar with the piston drive that is more stable , does anyone know if they are available to the public and if so how much are they and where can i get one ????? any help would be great

KySongDog

Here's a source for the upper.  Drop in to any AR-15 lower.   Kinda pricey at $4,000 though.   

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-416-10-4-Upper--14p962.htm

weedwalker

Stag Arms is making a piston drive now too. I think the whole rifle is priced around $1200.

vayotehowler

For 4000 dollars I'll be paying alimony and child support to

MI VHNTR

IMHO opinion the gas piston AR is a solution to a non-existent problem, especially for the average AR user. I'll just keep on using my "old style" gas impingement ARs and be happy. All they do is work and work well. YMMV
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting.
It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB

KySongDog

I agree.  There's nothing wrong with the gas impingement setup.  Just do the basic maintenance.

The gas piston guns have there own set of problems. 

securpro

Thats only a 10.4inch upper which means it (the gun)has to be registered as a short barreled rifle or put on a pistol lower. Where are you gonna get the ammo ? :wo: I also agree with MI VHNTR, I dont see the need for a piston system, You need to keep your stuff clean i dont care what kind of system it is...
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro