• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Got 2 today, should have had 3

Started by SCcoyotehunter, December 23, 2010, 06:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCcoyotehunter

I had an awesome afternoon hunting with my father-in-law. Coyotes were everywhere you looked today, I saw 4 total. I haven't taken any pics yet but will post them later.
We were actually gonna do a little crow/yote hunting today. On the way to the 1st stop I spotted a large male coyote out in the pasture we were fixing to hunt. This was at 1:30pm. I was able to stop and get set up on him and make a great shot. I dropped him right there. Then we shot a few crows, made one set, shot some more crows, then it was like 430pm and we went to our final calling spot, a new place. We gathered our stuff and walked up to the gate of the pasture and guess what, Coyote!!! In the pasture at 430pm. It seemed like it took me forever to get the crosshairs on him, 240 yds, bang!, flop! It was awesome.
So we went ahead and made two more sets with no luck. I could tell that my father in law was getting tired out so we started to the truck before it was too dark to see. As we approached the big pasture where I shot the second coyote I saw two coyotes out about 400 yds moving across the pasture among the cows. I took off running with my sticks and rifle. I closed the distance to about 150 yds and they still didin't know I was there, but I was breathing so hard and my heart was racing from all the running, and cows were running all over the place from all the commotion. I had to be really careful. Finally the coyotes made into a large enough opening that I wasn't worried about the cows and I missed! Those coyotes bolted across that huge oasture running like lightening.

All in all, it was an awesome day. 2 more coyotes down.
SCCH

Frogman

Wow!  Exciting story and hunt.  Looking forward to the pictures!  WTG!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Jeb

vayotehowler

I read some where sc was gonna change their deer hunting laws due to the pop  drop. Think i see why with the number of yotes , but then again sounds like keep in check dow there . wtg , good work

WldWldWest

"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

SCcoyotehunter

wked

Good shootin scch :highclap: The run-n-shoot thing is just awfull ain't it! :madd:

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

SCcoyotehunter

Quote from: wked on December 24, 2010, 11:28:00 AM
Good shootin scch :highclap: The run-n-shoot thing is just awfull ain't it! :madd:
Man your telling me, I am a fat boy. But I can hustle with best of them. Except when I finally stop I am a little winded :puke:
I have played it over and over in my mind, i couldn't have missed him by much. But if I had it to do over again I would have made sure I settled down before taking the shot. No Do-overs!

vvarmitr

bambam

John_NY

Great story and nice coyotes. I can barely breath after walking ten feet in this snow.

John
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

pitw

Quote from: John_NY on December 24, 2010, 05:21:41 PM
Great story and nice coyotes. I can barely breath after walking ten feet in this snow.

John

Other end up  :innocentwhistle:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls