• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Going to have to count me out

Started by FinsnFur, January 20, 2011, 11:11:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

I'm pretty sure that's not going to be much of a news flash to most. But in all honesty I had promising intentions of showing up again down there this year.

But it's time for me to come true with the fact that it's going to be impossible.
Been laid off since the 3rd of this month, which isnt the end of the world, and I'm kind of enjoying it.
But living on unemployment checks has a tendency to teach a guy new ways to cut back.  :eyebrownod: And no matter how many rooms I blanket off so I dont have to heat them, I cant offset things enough to allow a 1200 mile round trip down south right now.

Plus were being called back to work on the 24th. How long that will last, I dont know right now, but I can only hope it'll run for a few weeks anyway which gets us closer to spring when things will cut loose again.

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

slagmaker

Well bummer. All totally understandable but I sure wish you could have made it.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Yotehntr

Hate to hear it Jim... was looking forward to aggravating you in person.   :laf:
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

KySongDog

Well, dayum!  I was looking forward to seeing you again.  The last time we met was in 2007 at LBL I think.  But you gotta put first things first.   There's always next year.  :wink:

pitw

That just plain sucks but a man has to do what he has to do :pout:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

WldWldWest

Quote from: Yotehntr on January 21, 2011, 02:17:05 AM
Hate to hear it Jim... was looking forward to aggravating you in person.   :laf:

If it was me Jim, I would walk down before I would miss some of that!!!

Sorry ya cant make it!

"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

coyote101

Sorry to hear that Jim. Maybe next year. I hope things improve on the job before long.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

HaMeR

That's too bad you can't make it. I was looking forward to meeting you. But at least you're getting unemployment. I'm waiting on a call back from them right now. Somehow they think I worked during my waiting week the 1st week of January.  :confused:  I do have a PT job but they hadn't called me to work since before CHRISTmas.  :shrug:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11