• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

BELL CO. KY COYOTE

Started by markTNhunter, February 01, 2011, 09:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markTNhunter

I killed this one on my last stand this eve. the wind was starting to pick up and drizzling rain i had about a 15 min walk to this stand and by the time i got there the wind was blowing about 20 - 25 miles an hour so i didnt have high hopes but i did walk along way so i thought id give it a try for about 20 min.i started out with 2 challange howls waited 2 or 3 min made a yelp 2more howls then watched and waited for about 3 or 4 min then i grabbed the ole AP-6 and let out some loud rabbit crys the wind was blowing the drizzles so hard it felt like niddles hitting me in the eyes so i knew i had make my calling very loud to be heard so id that for about 30 secounds about 1 min. went by and he pop up out of the holler on to an old pound dam about 150 yards and i let the old 223 rip BANG FLOPP!                         

img]   

img]

By the time i got back to the truck it was pouring the rain so the pics ant that good my wife took the hero shot from the back door when i got home. i forgot my camera in the truck so i didnt get any set up pic but ill be back to this spot and ill get some and post them i know you fellers like pictures!

FinsnFur

Looks like fairly nice fur, how was it? :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

Right on :yoyo:.  I can't say as I would consider calling in the rain but it sure obviously works ;yes;
I say what I think not think what I say.

markTNhunter

jim he was fured up nice but hes got a half dollar size exit hole on the other side  :eyebrownod:
and pitw there was just an off an on drizzle when i was calling and the wind was ripping i would wait for a break in the wind when i called on the way back to the truck it started pouring.

HaMeR

Congratulations on the coyote!! Hunting in the rain can be very uncomfortable making it even tougher to do. And with the wind blowing like that,, you done good!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

wked

Pretty tough conditions there.  Congrats on the results!

shaddragger

Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

vvarmitr

Ya stuck it out just a little longer & scored!  :jump:

riverboss

Sometimes youve got to what ever it takes to feed the hunger even if it means a wet butt  congradulations on a nice coyote. :congrats: :highclap:

Frogman

WTG!!  Good shooting!  Thanks for the story and pictures!

Jim

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

markTNhunter

i told you guys id have some pics of this set up but ive not made it back to this spot so here is a arial shot i thought it might be interesting to some of the newcomers the first thing about this spot when i scouted of cours alot of sighn  :laf: the next was the corner where the pond is i like calling corners and pinch points im not much for calling in wide open areas and the pond some reason i see alot of coyotes around ponds like this that sit next to woods or thickets.when i went in to this spot the wind was hitting me in the face i dont ever approach a stand if the winds not in my face or atleast a crossing wind never with the wind hitting me in the back.

green dot my location red dot coyote blue arrow wind direction yellow line my approach
img]