• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

a couple calls

Started by John_NY, February 26, 2011, 05:57:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John_NY

Well the old woman has been sitting on the couch texting all evening after dinner so I decided to go out and play with the lathe. I came back in and she said "where you been" poor woman is oblivious to everything.

The first call is cocobolo with an antler mouth piece. Haven't voiced it yet.

Put together.

The call below is a one piece call made from Cherry.

John
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

pitw

I do like that top one a bunch  :yoyo:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Todd Rahm

I like them both! The camera flash looks to have washed out the antler a bit for ya.  :wo:

The cherry looks old school with the burns!  :congrats:

Like them both very much! Nice job John.

John_NY

Thanks Barry.

Todd I didn't use a flash but it did kinda wash out, but the antler is pretty white with just a couple dark spots on it. I was trying to get it turned to as pure white as I could, but there was a couple spots that had to be left.  :madd:   

John
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Todd Rahm

Shoot its not bad at all John, spots or no spots.  :biggrin:  Would look nice with hippo ivory though.  :innocentwhistle:

John_NY

hippo ivory, man at my age I don't think my heart could stand the strain of turning it.  :alscalls: 

John

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

John_NY

Todd Rahm

John who was the luck fella to get those calls?  :wo:

John_NY

Don't know yet Todd who will own the Cherry call It's going into an auction for a fund raiser. The cocobolo is sitting on a shelf waiting on the mouth piece to dry so I can pop it back together later today.

John

Todd Rahm

Wheres the auction gona be? And will share pics of the coco call when its finished?  :innocentwhistle:

John_NY

The fund raiser is a local event for a fella needing money to pay hospital bills.
I'll add another picture later this evening but I don't think you'll see any difference. It's probably just my lack of skills with a camera but I can never capture shine on antler.

John

FinsnFur

:eyebrownod: The Cocobolo and Antler looks real good together John :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

alscalls

That new lathe is gonna be crankin em out this summer huh John? 

Nice calls! 
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

John_NY

I hope I can get a bunch done up this summer Al so I don't have to turn calls when it's -30 and no heat in the shop. 
   Well I dunno I just can't get a decent picture of the antler I guess. I just finished it and voiced it in cottontail.
John

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!